Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I decided to create this thread because I couldn't find any AS threads about the speaking exam... I'm gonna have mine next week..
    How is everyone feeling about it? What are you doing for revision?
    Has anyone already done it? If so, how did it go?
    I must admit I'm quite stressed about it... Has anyone else not done it yet?

ReputationRep:
    I have mine tomorrow for revision I made loads of flashcards on different topic questions and wrote practice answers on the back and kept asking them to myself

ReputationRep:
    I have mine on the 11th. Quite honestly this is the only exam I am worrying about, in the writing a basic error such as gender will be corrected when you read back over, however speaking is in the moment so my tips are to just say what you can and don't make it too complex. If you get mid way through a sentence and can't finish it off use "o sea" which is like saying "I mean" which will ensure no silent parts. In terms of revision I have to agree with the post above, flash cards are your best friend when I comes to speaking. If I were you I'd remember some set subjunctives to boost your grade for example "espero que mejore" "I hope it improves". Topic specific vocabulary will help you as well, I honestly recommend an app called memrise which has a lot of ts vocab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebex1)
    I have mine tomorrow for revision I made loads of flashcards on different topic questions and wrote practice answers on the back and kept asking them to myself
    How did it go? Mines next week and I'm dreading it😩

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.