Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if anyone new how that exams in med school will be structured. I know they will be at the end of the year but what kinda questions will they be like i.e. are they gonna be essay type questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotboi01)
    i was just wondering if anyone new how that exams in med school will be structured. I know they will be at the end of the year but what kinda questions will they be like i.e. are they gonna be essay type questions.
    It totally depends on the university. Where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I replied to this last night... aaarrrgggghhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotboi01)
    At Newcastle they are spread throughout the year. In first year they have January and June examinations, and they may be one or two smaller exams spread throughout the year though I'm not entirely sure (i'm not a medic though I know quite a few). The structure varies dramically, some are extended matching item questions (i.e. multiple choice with about 13 different options) some are short answer, some are data interpretation, some are essay questions.

The structure and timing of the exams vary loads in one medical school, nevermind between different ones, so expect anything!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.