Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 2016 predictions watch

ReputationRep:
    any ideas, topics, questions, grade bouandries or anything that may come up in this years aqa chem unit 1 exam?
    share your thoughts here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehaskone)
    any ideas, topics, questions, grade bouandries or anything that may come up in this years aqa chem unit 1 exam?
    share your thoughts here
    My teacher is predicting a big question on metals and maybe a six marker on quarrying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    always be ready for questions on metals, and limestone as they as the biggest topics. i'm going to sit down later and look at all the 6 markers to try and predict the qwc question

ReputationRep:
    By the way the Chemistry GCSE AQA past paper for June 2012 (and other more recent papers as well) has been removed from pretty much all the websites I can find (let alone AQA's own past paper website), but I managed to print it out beforehand.

So I think that this means that they will be using some of the questions from that paper in a similar way, so I guess anyone who saw those recent papers before they were taken off the website has a nice advantage if they can remember what sorts of questions to revise for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex9xela)
    By the way the Chemistry GCSE AQA past paper for June 2012 (and other more recent papers as well) has been removed from pretty much all the websites I can find (let alone AQA's own past paper website), but I managed to print it out beforehand.

So I think that this means that they will be using some of the questions from that paper in a similar way, so I guess anyone who saw those recent papers before they were taken off the website has a nice advantage if they can remember what sorts of questions to revise for.
    They havent removed it????
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...S-JUN-2012.PDF

ReputationRep:
    The June 2012 Chemistry Unit 1 paper has been removed but the mark scheme is still there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibrahim11)
    The June 2012 Chemistry Unit 1 paper has been removed but the mark scheme is still there
    well then i hope they do use some of the questions in a similar way cos that paper was really good

ReputationRep:
    would you mind sharing the specific wording of the six markers?

ReputationRep:
    I predict there will be a big question on alloys or the blast furnace because that was what my teacher was trying to get us all to understand and also, maybe the miller-urey experiment?

ReputationRep:
    That's. The mark scheme you idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    That's. The mark scheme you idiot
    i went on the website and pressed past paper....idiot. i realized that after i posted it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    Well don't meaninglessly post **** you downy clicked on the past paper an say the papers there u absolute handicapped retard.
    Wow mate, that did not require an ableist slur D: You need to calm down, it was an honest mistake

ReputationRep:
    FIND THE JUNE 2012 PAPER HERE----> http://vle.lavington.wilts.sch.uk/mo...ew.php?id=3862

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FThisSI'mOut)
    Wow mate, that did not require an ableist slur D: You need to calm down, it was an honest mistake
    Ok sorry

ReputationRep:
    The previous 6 markers on the papers are as follows-

JUNE 2012- Polyethene Bags
    JUNE 2013- Hydrocarbons and how petrol is separated
    JUNE 2014- Petrol vs Biodiesel
    JUNE 2015- The earth and how it has evolved from the early atmosphere

Personally, I predict a big 6 marker related to metals- so quarrying/electrolysis or something along those lines. Make sure that you know the ins and outs of the methods and properties of a variety of metals. Although, you never know they could repeat questions or do a B1 on us all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louderthanbombs)
    The previous 6 markers on the papers are as follows-

JUNE 2012- Polyethene Bags
    JUNE 2013- Hydrocarbons and how petrol is separated
    JUNE 2014- Petrol vs Biodiesel
    JUNE 2015- The earth and how it has evolved from the early atmosphere

Personally, I predict a big 6 marker related to metals- so quarrying/electrolysis or something along those lines. Make sure that you know the ins and outs of the methods and properties of a variety of metals. Although, you never know they could repeat questions or do a B1 on us all...
    Do you think the six marker could be on Miller-Urey experiment?

ReputationRep:
    well im screwed because i havent even looked at extracting metals but thankyou this has prepared me way more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaticash19995)
    Do you think the six marker could be on Miller-Urey experiment?
    Possibly, although I am praying that it is on Quarrying because I haven't revised the Miller-Urey experiment in as much depth, YET.

ReputationRep:
    Carbon cycle might come up as it didnt in the b1 test

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys think that limestone will be a big topic in the paper? There are taking it out from the new spec so maybe it will?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.