Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2 weeks left to first AS Exam!! Are you confident? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

So my first exam is on the 18th and right now I'm not feeling very confident but I've decided to give my everything for the next 2 weeks and see if I can still achieve the grades I want.

I am doing History, Chemistry and German. I dropped Psychology before Easter because I couldn't cope with 4 subjects.

I have just made my revision timetable and it's scaring me a little bit but I know I can do it if I let nothing distract me in the next 2 weeks aka One piece

My current grades are:

German - A (native speaking)
    History - C
    Chemistry - U

Chemistry is worst and I'm really scared but I'm going to try my best to get a C.

Are you guys feeling confident for your upcoming exams. Have you covered all the content?

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Further Maths I'm very confident I can get As in, possibly A*s.

Economics I'm a bit behind with content, although about 60% of marks are about exam technique so I'm still quite confident. Hoping for an A

Physics is tough but I've made notes and it's starting to make sense. Currently at a B, need to get an A though.

ReputationRep:
    Target : 4 A's (maths bio econ chem)
    Mocks : 4 A's (Biology was a topic test average)
    Probably: 3 A's and a U (in biology)

Revision status: Have not started

ReputationRep:
    I really would like 3A's at the end of the year (my fourth one is the new linear spec, so I'm sitting the exam at the end of A2). I don't think this is quite realistic though

I got ABBB in my mocks, I'm semi confident for Maths and Politics but English Lit I hate and is my weakest one... I'm yet to properly start revision ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aadil10)

Economics I'm a bit behind with content, although about 60% of marks are about exam technique so I'm still quite confident. Hoping for an A

Physics is tough but I've made notes and it's starting to make sense. Currently at a B, need to get an A though.
    Wait but A*s don't exist at AS Level

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling awful haha. My predicted grades are ABBB but I'm setting myself a target of ABBC with a C in History - my worst subject. I'd be more than happy with those grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Wait but A*s don't exist at AS Level
    sorry, I keep saying that I mean 90 ums so that I'm on track for an A* at A2

ReputationRep:
    sorry, I keep saying that I mean 90 ums so that I'm on track for an A* at A2
    Oh fair enough - I just wasn't sure if Further Maths was marked differently, etc.
    Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamsneverend15)
    Hi.

So my first exam is on the 18th and right now I'm not feeling very confident but I've decided to give my everything for the next 2 weeks and see if I can still achieve the grades I want.

I am doing History, Chemistry and German. I dropped Psychology before Easter because I couldn't cope with 4 subjects.

I have just made my revision timetable and it's scaring me a little bit but I know I can do it if I let nothing distract me in the next 2 weeks aka One piece

My current grades are:

History - C
    Chemistry - U

Chemistry is worst and I'm really scared but I'm going to try my best to get a C.

Are you guys feeling confident for your upcoming exams. Have you covered all the content?
    I'm doing History too! My mocks came out well: ABBB
    Current grade is ABBB (obviously haha - from mocks)

What I want to get: AABB-AAAB
    I believe it's definitely achievable - I take art, maths, history and product design
    Quite confident, even if I'm not, I will still have to try my hardest

Good luck!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've tried, i know i have so i guess so but you can always do more so idk lol
    and well i'm not even gonna lie and say i'm not scared cos i am but whatever i do it is never enough for anyone so unless i get all As ppl are gonna be pissed at me anyway :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel confident at all, I think i started revision too late compared to what i did at GCSE I want 3A'S in maths physics and computing and a B in psychology but doubt I'll get a A in computing because our teacher is absolute shite, but i suppose i have to take some of the blame for leaving revision to the last minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamsneverend15)
    Hi.

My current grades are:

History - C
    Chemistry - U

Ive covered most my content , I've left the hardest bits till last and will do that in the next 2 weeks as the information will stay in my short term memory . In terms of confidence i feel alright, i think I'm sure to get 2As but i more likely get a C subject hoping for a B.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my exams coming up to

does anyone have any tips on how to ace chemistry

i need a b at least

ReputationRep:

Wow so you're aiming for all A's good luck!! Do you have any ideas to which uni's you want to apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs Posh)
    I really would like 3A's at the end of the year (my fourth one is the new linear spec, so I'm sitting the exam at the end of A2). I don't think this is quite realistic though

I got ABBB in my mocks, I'm semi confident for Maths and Politics but English Lit I hate and is my weakest one... I'm yet to properly start revision ugh
    I know how you feel..even though my weakest is Chemistry I still really enjoy it so I don't have any difficulties revising for it but I hate History and I've left it way too late even though It's my first exam

Good Luck hopefully we will all get the grades we want

ReputationRep:
    Aims:

Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A
    Geology: B (already achieved)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    I'm feeling awful haha. My predicted grades are ABBB but I'm setting myself a target of ABBC with a C in History - my worst subject. I'd be more than happy with those grades
    My predicted grades are so bad because I failed my mocks!! I'm aiming for ABB even though the B in chemistry seems kinda impossible

Good luck getting those grades!! Hope we all make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not_lucas1)
    I don't feel confident at all, I think i started revision too late compared to what i did at GCSE I want 3A'S in maths physics and computing and a B in psychology but doubt I'll get a A in computing because our teacher is absolute shite, but i suppose i have to take some of the blame for leaving revision to the last minute
    Haha for GCSE I did all nighters and came out with decent grades but for A - level its impossible to cover everything in one night Good luck with computing it's really annoying when teachers are bad. I wish you all the best I'm sure you can do it

ReputationRep:
    My Exams are after tomorrow. :'(
    Pure math 1 on Wednesday
    and
    Physics Paper 2 on Thursday Hoping for Double A's

ReputationRep:
    Feeling fairly confident for my first, History, but Lit is soon after that and I'm not that great at it tbh. :/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.