What is Best to take for Gcse ?? Watch

emily_2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm in year 9 and Ive chosen my GCSE options i have choose Geography History and Health and Social care.I know I want to be a primary school teacher so could someone tell me if these are best to take or what is so i can change them ??

(I am the first year to do the new gcse where they have got rid of coursework and im a 6a in history and 5b in geography and never done health and social care so whats best ??)
saladays
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If there's a Health & Social Care or Sociology etc course then I'd recommend taking that. But if not then there's nothing wrong with your options if that's what you're interested in! :-)
*Alisha*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by emily_2001)
So I'm in year 9 and Ive chosen my GCSE options i have choose Geography History and Health and Social care.I know I want to be a primary school teacher so could someone tell me if these are best to take or what is so i can change them ??

(I am the first year to do the new gcse where they have got rid of coursework and im a 6a in history and 5b in geography and never done health and social care so whats best ??)
In History you can get up to 16 mark questions but you seem pretty good at it. You should choose the subjects you enjoy and are good at and the subjects you think you would need in the future. But I would suggest you choose a language as some collage's look for people with languages.
Harrykel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just keep in mind, primary school teachers don't get paid a lot. If I were you, I would aspire to become a History or Geography teacher at a secondary school. I also think it'll be a lot more fun as you can certainly interact more with students plus marking books may seem dreadful, but I can imagine it to be rather interesting and fascinating to see how the students are doing. I'm not trying to dictate your life, because if you really want to be a primary school teacher, go ahead! However, I'm just giving you advice. Also, those GCSE choices are fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise