Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi please could someone help me with this question, I am told to carry on the line XA and show it doesn't hit the eye, but I don't know where to draw my first normal. Here is the question
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  9.2 KB
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiThere8964)
    Hi please could someone help me with this question, I am told to carry on the line XA and show it doesn't hit the eye, but I don't know where to draw my first normal. Here is the question
    Thanks
    The-Spartan

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Try drawing your first normal to the glass at the point where XA enters...
    This diagram should help a little bit:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  download.png
Views: 86
Size:  3.9 KB you might have to open the image in a new tab to show the bigger version its not behaving for me
    You can take it from here?
    Make sure you measure your angles correctly
    (Original post by thefatone)
    The-Spartan
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Spartan)
    Try drawing your first normal to the glass at the point where XA enters...
    This diagram should help a little bit:
    Spoiler:
    Show

You can take it from here?
    Make sure you measure your angles correctly

Thanks
    i can't see your picture....

ReputationRep:
    i can't see your picture....
    Should be fixed now?
    Strange. I could see it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Should be fixed now?
    Strange. I could see it :confused:
    i don't .-.

maybe it's just me

ReputationRep:
    i don't .-.

maybe it's just me
    Try this link for his image:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1462295917

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calzs34)
    Try this link for his image:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1462295917
    worked

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help Spartan and Fatone, but if you look at the diagram I posted, The incedent ray hits the glass at the corner, which is why I was having trouble with it. I can do the other shapes and sides for other refraction questions just this one I had trouble with the first normal. Thanks anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help Spartan and Fatone, but if you look at the diagram I posted, The incedent ray hits the glass at the corner, which is why I was having trouble with it. I can do the other shapes and sides for other refraction questions just this one I had trouble with the first normal. Thanks anyway!!
    The first normal is always (at this level) perpendicular to the glass at the point the light enters
    Basically in your example, the first normal can be thought to be the bottom the glass. Just draw in the angles and it works the same!
    It's quite a nice question actually :yes:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    The first normal is always (at this level) perpendicular to the glass at the point the light enters
    Basically in your example, the first normal can be thought to be the bottom the glass. Just draw in the angles and it works the same!
    It's quite a nice question actually :yes:
    No problem
    Thanks so much again my friend. My idea was to do what you are suggesting, but I wasn't sure what I was doing, but now I have your reassurance.
    Thanks again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.