Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anywhere/anyone I can go to who will help me with my personal statement? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I am trying to transfer university and I need to apply through ucas. With this, I need to write a new personal statement (for second year entry), but my problem is I am not sure how it needs to be written or the content I should include. I imagine it will differ from a first year personal statement as I should mention why I want to move course etc., but I cannot get any help from my current university. I have asked lecturers and other members of staff for help, but I have been pushed aside and ignored by almost all of them (I have been at them for awhile in regards to this, but until I can get any support, I'm being proactive and trying to sort things out by myself). What do you guys recommend I do? - I was thinking about investing into a personal tutor who might look at my work and help me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by OliverHartless)
    So I am trying to transfer university and I need to apply through ucas. With this, I need to write a new personal statement (for second year entry), but my problem is I am not sure how it needs to be written or the content I should include. I imagine it will differ from a first year personal statement as I should mention why I want to move course etc., but I cannot get any help from my current university. I have asked lecturers and other members of staff for help, but I have been pushed aside and ignored by almost all of them (I have been at them for awhile in regards to this, but until I can get any support, I'm being proactive and trying to sort things out by myself). What do you guys recommend I do? - I was thinking about investing into a personal tutor who might look at my work and help me.
    Hey,there's a personal statement forum on TSR which I'm about to move this to so if you have any specific questions you can ask them there. Asking a tutor could help, you'd be as well with just a parent or friend though probably unless the tutor is used to the system, or if you know a teacher ask them. Never post it anywhere online though and be careful who you send it to as you'll have to start again!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.