Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

lose a few pounds before college ball on friday watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BonnieLass)
    Go to the gym on the day of your ball for a couple of hours and go on the stepper and do leg weights. lactic acid build up will make your legs and stomach feel really tight! I always feel so much better about my body the evening after going to the gym.

Enjoy the night!

thanx hope u have a good evening!!

ReputationRep:
    the best way to look amazing at a party is to be confident and love your body just the way it is! Seriously, there is nothing you can do in 2 days. Though you would lose about 3lb of water in that time if you were on Atkins. Then again, you've probably already lost all the water you're going to lose since you've been starving yourself for the last few days. Hmmmm. Don't worry about it! You know you'll look fantastic!! And if you don't believe it, say it as a mantra while looking at yourself in the mirror every hour on the hour until the party. works wonders. and beats starvation, any day.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh if you try serious weight loss in such a short timeframe, you're gonna look tired and sallow. It's just not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    You could wear a tummy tightener. Or a bodice beneath your dress. They work wonders!

Starving yourself isn't going to do much good because you can't 'spot reduce' in a few days. Besides I know really skinny women with protruding tummies.

ReputationRep:
    chocolate-lover, i posted a similar thread a couple of weeks ago- my prom is on friday as well. basically i've just stayed fairly healthy, havent really stuck ot my exercise regime, but hey. my friend came round yday and i tried my dress on with the shoes etc, and she said i look fine, so i'm just gonna go in it, i don't car cos no doubt i'll be on the floor halfway through the night :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    corset :rolleyes:

2 days isn't very long!

ReputationRep:
    i take it you eat a lot of chocolate?? try to cut down on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    corset :rolleyes:

2 days isn't very long!
    don't starve yourself- i've hardly eaten this week (my mum is sure i will starve when i go to uni) and i look crap cos my skin has gone all rubbishy and my hair is dull and i just look tired and feel unattractive even if i have lost like 4lb *sigh*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Just eat some salad or something - take it easy on the chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    ooooh soup is good tho, filling with so few calories

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    ooooh soup is good tho, filling with so few calories

lou xxx
    Or lettuce leaves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Or lettuce leaves.
    nah salad and fruit are rubbish for losing weight. they're not filling enough so you eat them and then a packet of crisps so end up eating more

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    nah salad and fruit are rubbish for losing weight. they're not filling enough so you eat them and then a packet of crisps so end up eating more

lou xxx
    Ok - have a jacket potato.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Ok - have a jacket potato.
    noooooo... not for losing weight quickly. carbs put on the weight too much (the reason the atkins diet doesn't have them) and if you have as much butter and cheese on a potato as me it's not at all healthy.

i find ryvita + cream cheese are great for a low calorie lunch

*lou does not condone the use of quick dieting at all and has already made her warning about how it's better to be fat and happy*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou*lou does not condone the use of quick dieting at all and has already made her warning about how it's better to be fat and happy*[/color)

lou xxx
    Terms and conditions may apply. Ask lou p lou for details.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing noticeable will come off in 2 days, and the way youre eating at the moment and have gone about eating for the past week or whatever will mean that any weight you do lose, will be the wrong kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Nothing noticeable will come off in 2 days, and the way youre eating at the moment and have gone about eating for the past week or whatever will mean that any weight you do lose, will be the wrong kind.
    how can it be the wrong kind of weight :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Muscle, water etc.

Most people confuse weight loss with fat loss. If youve lost weight on this diet of yours(choc lover that is), youve not lost fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    your muscle can go and you stomach stays fat. losing weight quickly does more to make you look crap than it does to make you look thin. no one will say 'you look fat', but they will say 'you look tired'

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    your muscle can go and you stomach stays fat. losing weight quickly does more to make you look crap than it does to make you look thin. no one will say 'you look fat', but they will say 'you look tired'

lou xxx
    people said to me i looked thin when i did it. :confused: and i lost a stone. and went down 2 dress sizes

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.