Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    So much time? Thats about 2-3 hours exercise a day on average and its summer holidays and Ive got nothing to do for a while. Hardly alot of time to spend considering the rewards!
    what rewards are there?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    what rewards are there?

MB
    Better cardiovascular fitness, better looking body, general better all round health. Im sure theres more, those are my reasons though.

ReputationRep:
    Better cardiovascular fitness, better looking body, general better all round health. Im sure theres more, those are my reasons though.
    total waste of time IMO. being fit won't stop you dying. my uncle was superfit and an olympic rower and died of a brain tumor at 40. you are more likely to get hit by a car than live longer because of your fitness.

is this just narcissism? get a life- the three hours or whatever you spend exercisinga day could be spent reading and learning about the world and how you can make a difference. a great book about this sort of thing is 'thoughts of a long distance runner'. wicked.

ReputationRep:
    getting a flat stomach is to do with exercise and your gona need more than 48 hours!!!!!
    you cant expect to flatten your stomach just like that, but try wearing a really reall tight top inside that wont show. maybe that will help hold everying in....?

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I think she should have started the excercise regime two months ago. Darling, I dont think you can loose a few pounds by Friday unless there is some sort of miracle. Even then, you want your dress to fit!

ReputationRep:
    Good for you mate. Go for it! I've had to cut down on my gym regime with exams But starting again today Aiming to be in best shape I can be for university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UndiscoverdSelf)
    total waste of time IMO. being fit won't stop you dying. my uncle was superfit and an olympic rower and died of a brain tumor at 40. you are more likely to get hit by a car than live longer because of your fitness.

is this just narcissism? get a life- the three hours or whatever you spend exercisinga day could be spent reading and learning about the world and how you can make a difference. a great book about this sort of thing is 'thoughts of a long distance runner'. wicked.
    Your whole post is just a laugh really.

Total waste of time? If I live by your attitude I might as well start smoking and become an alcoholic, afterall, I could get hit by a car tomorrow!

Get a life? My lifes fine thanks, and if I were to do something other than exercise for 3 hours a day it certainly wouldnt be something like reading or learning, you stupid geek.

ReputationRep:
    Your whole post is just a laugh really.

Total waste of time? If I live by your attitude I might as well start smoking and become an alcoholic, afterall, I could get hit by a car tomorrow!

Get a life? My lifes fine thanks, and if I were to do something other than exercise for 3 hours a day it certainly wouldnt be something like reading or learning, you stupid geek.
    Whoa! slow down guys, ukl is a friendly place!
    chocolate lover - you wont be able to get a flat stomach without exercise, something that imasillynarb does frequently so is experienced in the matter.

imasillynarb - drop it, dont give advice when it's not wanted! its a waste of time

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UndiscoverdSelf)

What a ridiculous comment. I can think of 1001 reasons to keep fit. Besides, exercise is scientifically proven as good for your mind as well as body. I can vouch for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    hey just need quick tone up and lose few pounds around stomach for the ball on friday. i am already id say slim build jus want to tone up really and have a flat stomach.
    ive got 48 hours i know its long what shall i do?
    drink slim a soup for the next 2 days and do 100 sit ups or what??
    lol, you could do one of those detox where you lose about 5 pounds after sticking a tube up your arse or you could go and get one of those wraps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    lol, you could do one of those detox where you lose about 5 pounds after sticking a tube up your arse or you could go and get one of those wraps.
    Easy ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    hey just need quick tone up and lose few pounds around stomach for the ball on friday. i am already id say slim build jus want to tone up really and have a flat stomach.
    ive got 48 hours i know its long what shall i do?
    drink slim a soup for the next 2 days and do 100 sit ups or what??
    If you have £45 knocking around, have a Contour Body Wrap. Will cleanse and purify your skin and gives inch loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    If you have £45 knocking around, have a Contour Body Wrap. Will cleanse and purify your skin and gives inch loss

lol, where did you qoute that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)

lol, where did you qoute that from?
    lol! I didn't! I have psoriasis and the dead sea mud used really helps my skin, so I have a few wraps a year to keep my 'scales' under control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    lol! I didn't! I have psoriasis and the dead sea mud used really helps my skin, so I have a few wraps a year to keep my 'scales' under control

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been on a full on detox (minus the tube, lol)
    it did actually nearly kill me, it was only day two and i just felt as if i was going to collapse, never doing that again, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    has anyone been on a full on detox (minus the tube, lol)
    it did actually nearly kill me, it was only day two and i just felt as if i was going to collapse, never doing that again, lol
    I did the Carol Vorderman 28 day detox last year.

Was great - especially when I re-introduced alcohol into my diet at the end of it - talk about 'cheap-date syndrome'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    noooooo... not for losing weight quickly. carbs put on the weight too much (the reason the atkins diet doesn't have them) and if you have as much butter and cheese on a potato as me it's not at all healthy.

i find ryvita + cream cheese are great for a low calorie lunch

*lou does not condone the use of quick dieting at all and has already made her warning about how it's better to be fat and happy*

lou xxx
    The Atkins diet has now officially been debunked....by my GP, who laughed his head off when I metioned the guy's name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    The Atkins diet has now officially been debunked....by my GP, who laughed his head off when I metioned the guy's name!
    Whys that then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I think she should have started the excercise regime two months ago. Darling, I dont think you can loose a few pounds by Friday unless there is some sort of miracle. Even then, you want your dress to fit!

tee hee hee, loose-ing a few pounds should be easy enough. bring on the icecream and you'll be loosely flopping nicely

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.