Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a passport birth certificate photo driving license. But I need something with my address on what can i take? Can I take any letter from the bank or does it have to be a statement anyeone got any advice in how to obtain ID with my current address on?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    I have a passport birth certificate photo driving license. But I need something with my address on what can i take? Can I take any letter from the bank or does it have to be a statement anyeone got any advice in how to obtain ID with my current address on?
    What bank are you with? I was able to download a statement online from NatWest (my bank) and that was accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    What bank are you with? I was able to download a statement online from NatWest (my bank) and that was accepted

Printed and downlaoded statements aren't accepted they want original statements I could sign up with a bank just for this purpose what bank would you recommend bearing in mind I'm 17
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    Printed and downlaoded statements aren't accepted they want original statements I could sign up with a bank just for this purpose what bank would you recommend bearing in mind I'm 17
    They honestly accepted it! I only did my DBS about three weeks ago. It was accepted without any difficulty. However, I'd recommend NatWest (their Adapt account), they're very quick at sending things out. It would take a few weeks to set up an account though. Apparently, a letter from your headteacher will also suffice in an emergency.

ReputationRep:
    There's a flexible range of documents you can take for a DBS check. This page outlines them all: https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barrin...-must-provide-

Here's what it says regarding banks:
    Bank or building society statement - Issued in last 3 months
    Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter - Issued in last 3 months
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Scrub that.

The official list for DBS documents is here

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barrin...-must-provide-
    • 2 further documents from either Group 1, or Group 2a or 2b, below
    At least one of the documents must show the applicant’s current address.

The lists are in the link, pointless me copy and pasting them. Think official documents from govt departments or serious institutions with your address on. Oh i see LPK beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    I already know this and i need something with my address on or somehow be able to obtain ID with address on. Is any letter from the bank accepted issued within the last 3 months?

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Scrub that.

The official list for DBS documents is here

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barrin...-must-provide-
    • 2 further documents from either Group 1, or Group 2a or 2b, below
    At least one of the documents must show the applicant’s current address.

The lists are in the link, pointless me copy and pasting them. Think official documents from govt departments or serious institutions with your address on. Oh i see LPK beat me to it.
    (Original post by LPK)
    There's a flexible range of documents you can take for a DBS check. This page outlines them all: https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barrin...-must-provide-

Here's what it says regarding banks:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    They honestly accepted it! I only did my DBS about three weeks ago. It was accepted without any difficulty. However, I'd recommend NatWest (their Adapt account), they're very quick at sending things out. It would take a few weeks to set up an account though. Apparently, a letter from your headteacher will also suffice in an emergency.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you read the list any letter is not included. Why dont you just ring the bank up and ask for a paper statement to be sent to you?

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to request a copy of your most recent statement on paper.

However, I don't see why you need that. The website states this:

The applicant must be able to show:

-One document from Group 1, below
    -2 further documents from either Group 1, or Group 2a or 2b, below

At least one of the documents must show the applicant's current address.
    You have your passport from Group 1, and then your photo driving licence and birth certificate for the 2 further documents. Your photo driving licence shows your address.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    You should be able to request a copy of your most recent statement on paper.

However, I don't see why you need that. The website states this:

You have your passport from Group 1, and then your photo driving licence and birth certificate for the 2 further documents. Your photo driving licence shows your address.
    Does a provisional license show your address?

It does NVM

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.