retakes 2016/2017 Watch

algerianstar23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
do colleges ask about your a level grades and then potentially reject you , or do they just check your GCSEs , when you are retaking the same a levels?
Charlotte's Web
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by algerianstar23)
do colleges ask about your a level grades and then potentially reject you , or do they just check your GCSEs , when you are retaking the same a levels?
If you're retaking your A Levels, the college will want to know what grades you've got (both A Level and GCSE), and will be interested to know the reasons why you are wanting to resit them, and why you think you didn't achieve the grades you needed first time round. They aren't likely to reject you solely on the grades you've achieved, but they will want to speak with you with regard to what you think you can do differently this time to work out whether you have the potential to get better results this time.
algerianstar23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte49)
If you're retaking your A Levels, the college will want to know what grades you've got (both A Level and GCSE), and will be interested to know the reasons why you are wanting to resit them, and why you think you didn't achieve the grades you needed first time round. They aren't likely to reject you solely on the grades you've achieved, but they will want to speak with you with regard to what you think you can do differently this time to work out whether you have the potential to get better results this time.
Thank you Charlotte, could you state the possible reasons for rejection /
Charlotte's Web
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by algerianstar23)
Thank you Charlotte, could you state the possible reasons for rejection /
They could reject you if they feel that you aren't motivated, that you don't have a good reason for getting low grades first time round, that your circumstances haven't changed, and so on. There is no set criteria for rejections, the decision is completely up to the person who controls admissions. They may have an online admissions policy you could read, but this may not cover resits. All I can advise is to be honest with them about your reasons for getting low grades last time and explain to them what has changed now, or what you will do differently this time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%