Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not being able to use certain sanitary products is getting me down. Watch

Sorry if this is too much information but recently I brought myself a mooncup to try because I heard there was so many benefits. However when it came I was a bit taken aback by how big it is and I haven't been able to insert it.

I've tried using lube, relaxing and putting the cup in smaller folds but its just not working. I feel like each time I do it it gets stuck and won't move any further and although its not necessary painful I feel like something is almost blocking it.

Its really starting to get me down, at almost 20 I feel like this is something that shouldn't be that difficult? I normally use pads and have had the same troubles with tampons. I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing it at the wrong angle? I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, I'm starting to think there may be something wrong although it may just be me overthinking, any advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    are you putting it in the right place? but why a moon cup? you have to widen yours legs and blood will just start dripping everywhere lol. you have to explore your own vagina when you are not your period.. best thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry if this is too much information but recently I brought myself a mooncup to try because I heard there was so many benefits. However when it came I was a bit taken aback by how big it is and I haven't been able to insert it.

I've tried using lube, relaxing and putting the cup in smaller folds but its just not working. I feel like each time I do it it gets stuck and won't move any further and although its not necessary painful I feel like something is almost blocking it.

Its really starting to get me down, at almost 20 I feel like this is something that shouldn't be that difficult? I normally use pads and have had the same troubles with tampons. I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing it at the wrong angle? I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, I'm starting to think there may be something wrong although it may just be me overthinking, any advice would be appreciated
    Try aiming slightly backwards rather than straight up if that's what you've been doing, possibly with one knee bent resting one foot on bath/toilet/chair or something. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Try squatting down?

Only try and put tampons and stuff in when you are actually on your period btw - make sure you read instructions if you are struggling but at the end of the day just do whatever you are most comfortable with and if that's pads then go with it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I am 18 and I can't put anything up there , it hurts far too much to use a tampon. Don't let it get you down, there is nothing wrong with pads, if your comfortable with them then so be it! You don't have to change it up!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.