The Student Room Group

CIE AS Level Biology Examination

Hey everyone!
I'm giving my Paper 2 CIE AS Level Biology exam tomorrow and I would love it if you could give me tips on how to prep for it?

I've done a couple of past papers, but that is not enough.

Please do help.
Thanks.
Reply 1
I've got it tomorrow as well! I'm so nervous. I've been doing past papers and making notes on stuff I didn't know. What throws me off are the random three marker 'stimulus' questions on stuff we haven't done explicitly before. I think just past papers and the new specimen paper will be enough. What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 2
Original post by jailone
I've got it tomorrow as well! I'm so nervous. I've been doing past papers and making notes on stuff I didn't know. What throws me off are the random three marker 'stimulus' questions on stuff we haven't done explicitly before. I think just past papers and the new specimen paper will be enough. What grade are you aiming for?

I'm nervous as well! I did a few past papers and basically studied from notes I had made during my Mock examinations. I tried the specimen paper and it knocked me off my feet! It was pretty okay!

I'm aiming for an A.
Best of luck and I hope you ace it!
What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 3
Original post by eternal_dani
I'm nervous as well! I did a few past papers and basically studied from notes I had made during my Mock examinations. I tried the specimen paper and it knocked me off my feet! It was pretty okay!

I'm aiming for an A.
Best of luck and I hope you ace it!
What grade are you aiming for?

The specimen is really hard. The stuff on cell signalling really confuses me, and I didn't get a good grade in my mocks so really need to catch up. I'm aiming for an A as well!
Thank you so much, I hope you do too!
How much have you done on Vmax and Km??
Reply 4
Original post by jailone
The specimen is really hard. The stuff on cell signalling really confuses me, and I didn't get a good grade in my mocks so really need to catch up. I'm aiming for an A as well!
Thank you so much, I hope you do too!
How much have you done on Vmax and Km??

I found the cell signalling tough as well.
Haven't done much on Vmax and Kmax in class. Our teacher just explained it to us. Do you need any help?
Reply 5
I think I'm okay on the other stuff apart from oxygen dissociation which kills me every time, but yeah neither have I, our teacher hardly told us about it, and since it's new it will probably come up. What's the definition of Vmax and how do you work out what Vmax and Km are if given a graph? I'm so stuck!
Reply 6
I sat for paper 22
How was it
The structure was quite different tho
Especially the vaccination graph
Hey i did variant 21,.....and i should tell you, it was one heart-less , DNA-less, Enzyme-less paper!!!! It was kind of fair, but am hell scared on how strictly the examiners will mark them.
out of ALL 11 topics, they only brought around 3 or 4! in brief, i hell didn't like the paper.
Reply 9
I was so annoyed none of the easier topics came up! I think I did 21, and there was nothing on infection, the heart or enzymes, so frustrating!! How is everyone revising for the practical?
Original post by jailone
I was so annoyed none of the easier topics came up! I think I did 21, and there was nothing on infection, the heart or enzymes, so frustrating!! How is everyone revising for the practical?

I know right!!! I did 21...absolutely nothing about enzymes, heart.... i regret even studying on the first place. Are you also doing variant 1 for the practical?
Reply 11
Original post by Rawya Salim
I know right!!! I did 21...absolutely nothing about enzymes, heart.... i regret even studying on the first place. Are you also doing variant 1 for the practical?

Same! And yeah I am, are you?
Same. so what was the last thing u guys did in class? i mean in practicals with ur teacher.
Reply 13
Original post by Rawya Salim
Same. so what was the last thing u guys did in class? i mean in practicals with ur teacher.

We did a visking tubing experiment, does anyone know the causes of error and improvements to the visking tubing with glucose/starch diffusion investigation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending