Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I went to a salon like Toni & Guy, how could I ask for something like this?

I have more of a square jaw than the guy in the photo, but I still want to try it.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    show them the picture

ReputationRep:
    Show them the picture and say I want it like this please. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh just show them the pic and say that's what I want..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    show them the picture
    But what if the hairstylist doesn't know how to do it? Or laughs at me becase I don't have the right kind of hair?

How am I supposed to know if I have the right kind of hair lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    But what if the hairstylist doesn't know how to do it? Or laughs at me becase I don't have the right kind of hair?

just YOLO it i guess

ReputationRep:

Then they aren't a good stylist and you should go somewhere else.

It looks like a pretty standard cut that a lot of guys have, I fail to see why someone would laugh at that.

If your hair isn't the right texture or whatever I'm sure the stylist will explain this to you or adjust the style to fit your hair type. Don't overthink it and just take he picture with you.

ReputationRep:

What's your hair like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    What's your hair like?
    It gets quite wavy when it's long, but I have to try to grow my hair longer to get the kind of cut I want (see pic above), so I am just concerned that when I arrive at Toni & Guy - £60 session - they will just laugh and think "WTF are we supposed to do with that bush!".

ReputationRep:
    don't let your dreams be dreams, just get the haircut

ReputationRep:
    Most hair salons can give you the haircut you want based on a picture. I agree show the hairstylist the photo and let them do the rest.

ReputationRep:
    It's called an an undercut and I have the same haircut. Just show the pic or say shave it from the sides and back with clipper size 1

ReputationRep:
    It gets quite wavy when it's long, but I have to try to grow my hair longer to get the kind of cut I want (see pic above), so I am just concerned that when I arrive at Toni & Guy - £60 session - they will just laugh and think "WTF are we supposed to do with that bush!".
    £60 for a freakin hair cut! :eek: Screw Tony & Guy, I could give you that haircut for a fiver...

ReputationRep:
    a sharp undercut with very short skin fade.

id ask for a undercut, with a shaped sides from from around 1 to a 0.5 (or 0?).

ReputationRep:

They will, make sure it'll suit you though because it's an extreme cut. I wouldn't for instance get really short sides if you have a long face.

ReputationRep:
    And I would go to Supercuts instead for about a quarter of the price.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.