Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In September I'm starting a physics degree which involves taking a foundation year before I start next 3 years of the standard degree . On the sfe website it said my application has been approved and the maintenance loan will be £3821 . The problem is, both parents sent off their income online a week after my application, and our income should expect £6000-7000 in the loan . I applied for the maximum loan so I'm very worried , and apparently they've already sent off the post for me confirming the £3821. I hope it's just a mistake but what worries me is the thought that there's a reason I don't know about why they've set it to this amount? I'm going to ring them when the letter comes , but I hope they're helpful about it. Name:  image.png
Views: 391
Size:  43.6 KB
    Does anyone have any idea why this may be the case that I've got the lower amount and if it can be solved? Thanks a lot. (Sorry if the image of my entitlement summary gets in the way)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Tancat)
    In September I'm starting a physics degree which involves taking a foundation year before I start next 3 years of the standard degree . On the sfe website it said my application has been approved and the maintenance loan will be £3821 . The problem is, both parents sent off their income online a week after my application, and our income should expect £6000-7000 in the loan . I applied for the maximum loan so I'm very worried , and apparently they've already sent off the post for me confirming the £3821. I hope it's just a mistake but what worries me is the thought that there's a reason I don't know about why they've set it to this amount? I'm going to ring them when the letter comes , but I hope they're helpful about it. Name:  image.png
Views: 391
Size:  43.6 KB
    Does anyone have any idea why this may be the case that I've got the lower amount and if it can be solved? Thanks a lot. (Sorry if the image of my entitlement summary gets in the way)
    They won't have assessed the evidence yet, their computer system automatically gives you the minimum loan after a while until your evidence has been assessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They won't have assessed the evidence yet, their computer system automatically gives you the minimum loan after a while until your evidence has been assessed.
    fantastic thank you, I just thought the fact it said on my correspondents that the medium was post , meant that it was finalised
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Tancat)
    fantastic thank you, I just thought the fact it said on my correspondents that the medium was post , meant that it was finalised
    If you sent your evidence less than 6 weeks ago, i really doubt its the final assessment so i would give it a couple of weeks and then phone them to check they got your evidence to be safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you sent your evidence less than 6 weeks ago, i really doubt its the final assessment so i would give it a couple of weeks and then phone them to check they got your evidence to be safe.
    I sent my evidence 6 weeks ago and started my application 7 weeks ago, so will wait a couple of weeks , maybe I'm being too impatient haha. Thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.