The Student Room Group

The Wife of Bath

I AM SO WORRIED ABOUT THE COMPARISON QUESTION

I'm on OCR and we're comparing The Wife of Bath with Volpone. This part isn't hard if you've got a copy of the texts but unfortunately seeing as this is A Levels and they hate us, we don't.

Anyone who is also studying Chaucer/has studied Chaucer/WoB before, how do you learn the quotes in Middle English??????? It's so hard??????

Thanks!!
snippets of quotes still count as AO2 if you can anaylse them
Original post by paleghosty

I'm on OCR and we're comparing The Wife of Bath with Volpone. This part isn't hard if you've got a copy of the texts but unfortunately seeing as this is A Levels and they hate us, we don't.

Anyone who is also studying Chaucer/has studied Chaucer/WoB before, how do you learn the quotes in Middle English??????? It's so hard??????

Thanks!!

Hi I'm doing the exact same texts, God knows why our schools chose them - they're so hard to compare!

I've taken about four words from a quote and assigning them to different themes so I don't have to remember as many key quotes. Examiners don't mind if you paraphrase/ don't get the quote exactly right - after all it is closed text!
Original post by paleghosty

Thanks!!

What I did when I was studying Chaucer was print out loads of different quotes (in big font) and stuck them all around my house so I could try and learn them - and it worked really well. I think when you're surrounded by quotes it soaks in even if you're not consciously trying to learn it. The best places were by the kettle so you can stare at them while you're making a cuppa, or in the bathroom so you can read them while you're having a bath :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest