The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

I couldn't find a thread for this, I could only find one for the new spec but I'm resitting the old spec paper. Just wondering if anyone else was and what do you think is going to come up?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hey! Yeah i'm doing the old spec aswell
Reply 3
Original post by WurfWurf
Hey! Yeah i'm doing the old spec aswell

same, I've almost finished going through all the diffraction stuff. I got a B last year, tbh im not that confident I can get an A in it
Yeah i'm resitting both exams as I got a C and B last year, hopefully will get an A.
Hey guys I'm doing this exam as well, have a B already on Unit 2, hoping to get an A.

Hopefully the paper won't be as bs as it was last year although that's being pretty optimistic :s-smilie:
Last year paperwas very different from other years personally
Reply 7
Original post by con.brown
Hey guys I'm doing this exam as well, have a B already on Unit 2, hoping to get an A.

Hopefully the paper won't be as bs as it was last year although that's being pretty optimistic :s-smilie:

lol, do you think it'll be harder this time??
Original post by boyyo
lol, do you think it'll be harder this time??

This is AQA we are talking about, they like to kick people while they are down I am bracing myself for a difficult one.

The only thing we have on our side is that it will only be people resitting and no new candidates, so we just have to hope there are more people going for E/U to a C than B to A. Minimal people will prepare as well which will help lower the grade boundaries.
Reply 9
This is AQA we are talking about, they like to kick people while they are down I am bracing myself for a difficult one.

The only thing we have on our side is that it will only be people resitting and no new candidates, so we just have to hope there are more people going for E/U to a C than B to A. Minimal people will prepare as well which will help lower the grade boundaries.

Yeahh true, I was hoping that since we're the last group to do it, they may feel like being nice lol.
But why will only a few people be preparing for it? I'm revising as much as possible cos I feel like im goinna drop marks in unit 4
Original post by boyyo
Yeahh true, I was hoping that since we're the last group to do it, they may feel like being nice lol.
But why will only a few people be preparing for it? I'm revising as much as possible cos I feel like im goinna drop marks in unit 4

We can only hope haha! :biggrin:

I think you answered your own question really because people will be too busy preparing for A2 that they will get complacent and just turn up for the resit. A few people in my class are doing that, thinking that Unit 4 is just a harder version of Unit 2 so you don't need to revise, completely forgetting there's lots off stuff that never comes up again.
Reply 11
We can only hope haha! :biggrin:

I think you answered your own question really because people will be too busy preparing for A2 that they will get complacent and just turn up for the resit. A few people in my class are doing that, thinking that Unit 4 is just a harder version of Unit 2 so you don't need to revise, completely forgetting there's lots off stuff that never comes up again.

yhh same with my class too. But for me I have 2 weeks free of other exams before the unit 2 one, and a week later I have D1 so im kinda ok, I hope!
Original post by boyyo
yhh same with my class too. But for me I have 2 weeks free of other exams before the unit 2 one, and a week later I have D1 so im kinda ok, I hope!

You're lucky I guess I am sure you'll do great. I picked up AS Government and Politics this year with my other A2s and I have my Unit 2 resit and a Politics exam at the same time on the 9th! I am gonna be stuck in the hall for 3 hours without a break, shucks to be me :s-smilie:

Also what does EVERYONE think the 6 MARKER will be I doubt it will be stationary waves as that has come up too many times to count.
Reply 13
You're lucky I guess I am sure you'll do great. I picked up AS Government and Politics this year with my other A2s and I have my Unit 2 resit and a Politics exam at the same time on the 9th! I am gonna be stuck in the hall for 3 hours without a break, shucks to be me :s-smilie:

Also what does EVERYONE think the 6 MARKER will be I doubt it will be stationary waves as that has come up too many times to count.

Ahh man that sucks, I hate it when exams clash!!!!

I havent started papers yet, so I cant remember whats come up so far. But i would love something to do with resultant force and terminal speed of a dude on a parchute lol
Original post by boyyo
Ahh man that sucks, I hate it when exams clash!!!!

I havent started papers yet, so I cant remember whats come up so far. But i would love something to do with resultant force and terminal speed of a dude on a parchute lol

That would be sick in all fairness ngl. It would be like going back to basics GCSE style you wouldn't see it comin hahaha
Reply 15
That would be sick in all fairness ngl. It would be like going back to basics GCSE style you wouldn't see it comin hahaha

Lool ikrr
My physics teacher gave us sheets last year with what was on every paper (for units 1 and 2) up until 2014 with predictions for what will be on the 2015 paper and it wad quite good tbh! I was going to ask for them again this year but he just left to go and work somewhere else a few weeks ago which is always great this close to exams! I might have to ask another teacher if theres an email i can contact him with to try and get them ahahah if i manage to get them, ill post them up here!
Reply 17
Original post by McDerdactyl
My physics teacher gave us sheets last year with what was on every paper (for units 1 and 2) up until 2014 with predictions for what will be on the 2015 paper and it wad quite good tbh! I was going to ask for them again this year but he just left to go and work somewhere else a few weeks ago which is always great this close to exams! I might have to ask another teacher if theres an email i can contact him with to try and get them ahahah if i manage to get them, ill post them up here!

yeahh please do that would be awesome! How are you feeling for the exam?
I'm feeling pretty confident about this one. Been getting 120 UMS in the past few papers. Hopefully will get an A in the exam and not stick with the very low B I had.

Has anyone else been using physics and maths tutor website?
Reply 19
Any ideas on the 6 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending