Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

makeup! What's the difference between beauty blender and a brush?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been eager to know. I've got a brush at home but wanted to know the most effective
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by prettyprincess1)
    I've been eager to know. I've got a brush at home but wanted to know the most effective
    Hard to say really, brushes have been used pretty much forever, and beauty blenders and other similar egg-shaped sponges are pretty new. There are pros and cons to both. Both need regular cleaning to be effective and hygienic, so there isn't really much difference there, but sponges tend to absorb quite a bit of liquid foundation when they're first used. The popularity of sponges has risen with the popularity of contouring, because many people find it easier to blend different shades with a sponge than with a brush. Personally, I use a brush for my base foundation, and a sponge when I'm (attempting) contouring.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty blenders are much easier and quicker, don't leave streaks like brushes, I prefer them, you can use the one sponge for everything.

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer beauty blenders, I get a much smoother and more even coverage than when I use a brush

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.