Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    'Describe the difficulties faced by people migrating West in wagon trains in the 1840s'

I have 2 points which are bad weather and bad terrain but I don't have a third point. Could anyone help me?

ReputationRep:
    You could talk about the hostile Indians trying to attack. The mormons arranged themselves in a circle at night to protect them from attacks and this is a reason why they successfully migrated
    hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wordnerd2)
    You could talk about the hostile Indians trying to attack. The mormons arranged themselves in a circle at night to protect them from attacks and this is a reason why they successfully migrated
    hope that helps.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wallflower1)
    Thank you!
    Its okay, history gcse eh?

ReputationRep:
    Try this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westward_Expansion_Trails

ReputationRep:
    Its okay, history gcse eh?
    Yeah ://

ReputationRep:
    I do American west, medicine and surgery, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I do American west, medicine and surgery, what about you?
    American west, crime & punishment and impact of war on Britain. I wish I did medicine and surgery, sounds much more interesting

ReputationRep:
    You could also write about how they had little supplies such as water in the bad conditions which could also make the journey difficult

ReputationRep:
    Health issues, lack of supplies... Bison were dying out after decades of overhunting, and seriously, the health issues were legit. Disease was a HUGE killer. Thousands upon thousands of people died going west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaBaggaley)
    You could also write about how they had little supplies such as water in the bad conditions which could also make the journey difficult
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjohnson98)
    Health issues, lack of supplies... Bison were dying out after decades of overhunting, and seriously, the health issues were legit. Disease was a HUGE killer. Thousands upon thousands of people died going west.
    Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help!
    Anytime!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help!
    Let me know if you need anything else! Also, this is far from accurate (it's not horrible but Vox did a piece on what's better) but may be something you didn't grow up with on your side of the pond and it's fantastic: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990

Quick tip: Name the members of the wagon party after people you hate. And be the banker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjohnson98)
    Let me know if you need anything else! Also, this is far from accurate (it's not horrible but Vox did a piece on what's better) but may be something you didn't grow up with on your side of the pond and it's fantastic: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990

Quick tip: Name the members of the wagon party after people you hate. And be the banker.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    American west, crime & punishment and impact of war on Britain. I wish I did medicine and surgery, sounds much more interesting
    There is tonnes to learn for medicine but its better than some of the choices

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.