Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Force of Habit Watch

• View Poll Results: Does your "Force of Habit" make you refuse doing stuff bc u were forced to as a child
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    0%
    No change
    0%
    not sure
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    if you were forced to do something when you were young will you reject and refuse to do it in the future?

and example.

If you were forced to do some work when you were young, to work hard and get into a good school. Then you get into that school will your work ethic stay the same as it was before? Increase or decrease?

Personally i think it will decrease.

If you're forced to do something you don't want then you'll want to drop it and refuse to do that action or thing ever again(until you willing do it).

Unfortunately this "Force of Habit" has killed me again just now.

I was playing an online game(vainglory similar to League) on my phone and if you pause the ongoing game then you most likely will have a team who'll surrender the game. Even worse it's ranked. Suddenly my mum calls me and i'm like

then i'm like

Eventually after 2 missed calls i decide to sacrifice my game to answer the call, my "Habit" let a slightly rude forceful WHAT! out of my mouth, then my mum gave me a lecture/essay by text after she said i don't want to talk to you.

i was like
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did actually win that ranked game woop.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Erm, ok!!! Yeh, for certain things, I'll not do it now just because I hated it so much... However, if I grew to like/be fine with whatever I was forced to do back then, I'll usually do it now as it's not a problem!

Totally would've ignored that call though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Erm, ok!!! Yeh, for certain things, I'll not do it now just because I hated it so much... However, if I grew to like/be fine with whatever I was forced to do back then, I'll usually do it now as it's not a problem!

Totally would've ignored that call though...
    I agree i think if you did do it and LIKED it then you'll be fine with it when you do it again in the future.

Lol that call would've made my brain implode, sometimes i really hate myself for being a bad son towards my mum but sometimes she really is a bit derpy >.>

Do you think it's human nature to refuse to do something if someone tells you to do it?

For example if a teacher tells you to go outside and do some exercise for some "compulsory fun"
    is it human nature to refuse to do something someone else says
    or
    is it better just to obey the order?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.