The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

UOTC - University Officers' Training Corps

I'm starting in September. Is anyone else considering joining the UOTC?
yeah i'm considering. How do you apply?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
I think you do it in fresher's week then you go on a selection weekend.
Hi, I was just wondering how this went because its something that I am really interested in doing if I go to Loughborough this year.
Did you go to the selection weekend? And what sort of numbers go from Loughborough Uni? because I know the EMUOTC is in Nottingham.
Reply 4
Original post by WolfyBennett
Hi, I was just wondering how this went because its something that I am really interested in doing if I go to Loughborough this year.
Did you go to the selection weekend? And what sort of numbers go from Loughborough Uni? because I know the EMUOTC is in Nottingham.

Hi, It went well, I got in. I would definitely go for it, I've had an awesome first year. Keep an eye out at the sports + societies fairs at the beginning of the semester because that's where you sign up. First you go down on a wednesday to an open evening, there's presentations and stalls showing some of the stuff you can do. Then you have dinner and go home. On the selection weekend there are command tasks, an interview, a 5 minute presentation on a subject of your choice, a 1.5 mile run (+0.5 mile warm up), medical (these will take hours and hours) and more presentations. From loughborugh there is a decent amount of people, we get a bus every week which you don't pay for. Any more qs just DM me
Original post by Agent47_
Hi, It went well, I got in. I would definitely go for it, I've had an awesome first year. Keep an eye out at the sports + societies fairs at the beginning of the semester because that's where you sign up. First you go down on a wednesday to an open evening, there's presentations and stalls showing some of the stuff you can do. Then you have dinner and go home. On the selection weekend there are command tasks, an interview, a 5 minute presentation on a subject of your choice, a 1.5 mile run (+0.5 mile warm up), medical (these will take hours and hours) and more presentations. From loughborugh there is a decent amount of people, we get a bus every week which you don't pay for. Any more qs just DM me

Hi, i know this was ages ago but do you remember if it was annoying having to travel so far? - (40mins) on the bus to get to Nottingham for the OTC - this is one of my deciding factors for picking Loughborough as a choice, as I've heard that there are parties after OTC training and you wouldn't have anywhere to sleep if your uni was 40mins away and it was 2am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending