Megan.Rose..
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im really struggling to find motivation to continue to revise for my GCSEs which start in 15 days :/ Does anybody have any tips? xx
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you have any goals that you need to work towards? Maybe you need certain grades to be able to study certain subjects, or maybe you have plans for university in the future. Getting decent grades is important for that so use that as motivation!

Also, think about how happy and proud you will feel if you get good results! I don't know about you, but the thought of failure often scares me into revision. I've struggled with motivation so much throughout my education and it's left me with regrets as I didn't necessarily achieve what I was capable of! It's a horrible feeling so work hard now so you don't have to feel that way

It's really not too bad once you get into it, make revision more bearable. Have a nice snack whilst you're doing it, make things colourful, maybe try a bit of quiet music in the background if you can study with noise.

Good luck with your exams! You can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
username943595
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Medicine at Oxford = good job = good money = good lifestyle = no poverty = nice house = well raised children = success for future grandkids etc.
username2471155
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Megan.Rose..)
Im really struggling to find motivation to continue to revise for my GCSEs which start in 15 days :/ Does anybody have any tips? xx
Results day...
OddFuturez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you might as well put the work now? you have a whole summer to look forward to and don't tell me about results day...... I've seen people cry so try your best now.
Wordnerd2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I feel unmotivated to revise, I take a break and go on youtube and watch results day videos. There's two main types the people with A*'s and A's and those without a C. It really helps me focus and to know where I want to be going.
-E
Megan.Rose..
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Do you have any goals that you need to work towards? Maybe you need certain grades to be able to study certain subjects, or maybe you have plans for university in the future. Getting decent grades is important for that so use that as motivation!

Also, think about how happy and proud you will feel if you get good results! I don't know about you, but the thought of failure often scares me into revision. I've struggled with motivation so much throughout my education and it's left me with regrets as I didn't necessarily achieve what I was capable of! It's a horrible feeling so work hard now so you don't have to feel that way

It's really not too bad once you get into it, make revision more bearable. Have a nice snack whilst you're doing it, make things colourful, maybe try a bit of quiet music in the background if you can study with noise.

Good luck with your exams! You can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, thankyou so much! That has really helped me see what i am striving for, im really hoping to get all A grades so hopefully the revision will pay off! x
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
dont need motivation just need discipline and a routine, make sure ur doing something even if you cba

a good method i find is pomodoro method, google it and check the wiki page out. it's a great time management technique.
Megan.Rose..
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wordnerd2)
When I feel unmotivated to revise, I take a break and go on youtube and watch results day videos. There's two main types the people with A*'s and A's and those without a C. It really helps me focus and to know where I want to be going.
-E
I might try that, thankyou! xx
Wordnerd2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Megan.Rose..)
I might try that, thankyou! xx
It's okay, its the final stretch now, WE CAN DO THIS
Megan.Rose..
Rep:
?
It's okay, its the final stretch now, WE CAN DO THIS
WE HAVE GOT THIS, are you taking exams too, if so what are you doing?
x
Wordnerd2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm taking my GCSE's and I study; Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Statistics, English language, English literature, Geography, History and French, mine start in 15 days too. What are you taking?x
Harrykel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Watch GCSE Results day videos, always seem to motivate me.
Megan.Rose..
Rep:
?
I'm taking my GCSE's and I study; Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Statistics, English language, English literature, Geography, History and French, mine start in 15 days too. What are you taking?x
Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English lit and language, history, geography, french and Art! Literally the same as you ! haha x
Wordnerd2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aha, we are exam twins! Is biology your first?x
Megan.Rose..
Rep:
?
Aha, we are exam twins! Is biology your first?x
Yes Biology and both french exams on my first day! aha x
Wordnerd2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OMG same, you must be doing AQA? everyone's moaning how they have 1 exam in 15 days and I'm there with 3 XD
Megan.Rose..
Rep:
?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! I'm doing aqa science and for French I think I don't really know but yeah there exams! Ahaa x
TheFarmerLad
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Music does it for me most of the time tho currently trying to add to my playlist
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Put up a picture of your dream house and then a council flat picture next to it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.7%
No (97)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (430)
45.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed