Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the summary question (Question 3), am I allowed to go over 15 bullet points?

For example if I cannot decide between two points and which is more important, am I allowed to put both? (if I'm already on my 15th point, can I go on to do a 16th point or more?).

P.S. Good luck everybody!

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher advises my class to go over 15 points in case one of the first 15 points is wrong or invalid for a mark, in doing so, you can make sure you may have all the points, or a considerable amount for the marks.

Good luck on your exams too!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was thinking that would massively increase my chances of getting the right marks!

I was just worried that I would get marked down for going over.

ReputationRep:
    someone told me you do get penalised for overwriting 15 points, can someone clarify as i intended to do so?
    also where would you add the extra points

ReputationRep:
    When we were doing past papers in class, there were only 15 allotted spaces for you to put your answer... There's a paper where your are suppose to write I think.

Good luck

to clear the confusion - for part a ONLY write 15 points as there are only 15 lines provided for you
    for part b where you need to write your points in continuous prose you can write as many points as you please but remember it's a summary so keep it concise

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the exam tomorrow too.
    There are always more than 15'right'points on the mark scheme.
    Make sure they are different and no repetition!
    If you do more the 15,they still wont give you a mark.

Also be prepared for a split focus in the question e.g 2 things you need to look for or get points about.

I hope you do well tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they give you extra lines though, there's only 15 lines

ReputationRep:
    I'll stick to 15 points to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want to be marked down for nothing

Thanks everybody, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Chillssss

ReputationRep:
    You do get penalised for writing over 15 points.

ReputationRep:
    No you cant as the whole point of the question is for the examiner to see how you choose whats important and pick up from te text. If you put two points in one thwy will only mark the first and give you no credit for the second. You shouldnt write more the 7 words for each point but you are able to quote from the text and so its easy! Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.