The Student Room Group

FireFreezers Thread Of Randomness!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
Ahhh well you do now :rofl: Indeed, his guilty pleasure :lol:
Great reference:top:I bet he can't make any references half that good. Indeed but who will help him? Maybe Julian Cope and Pete Wylie as we have Mac on our side :eek: (had to Google their names XD)

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

Thank you :tongue: Pfft of course he can't, he's already lost :colonhash: I was impressed at that :tongue: SassKing has Julian Cope's band - The Teardrop Explodes - first album but nothing from Pete Wylie's band - Wah!/The Mighty Wah!/Wah Heat (:tongue: the name changed a lot xD)

Spoiler

I have to have my tea :colonhash:

I shall listen after... :excited:
You SHOULD NOT have sent this - now I'm going to be all excited about listening to it throughout tea :rofl:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

SassKing will relink both the videos that Matrix is required to watch upon her return to the land of TSR. It is easier. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXw-bva7V0&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLtqjX6geI

(And a bonus :colondollar: :tongue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5xvDoQOhA)
If I can convert matrix to liking indila
can I convert @ravioliyears to liking stromae...

Spoiler

Original post by SassKing13
:lol:

Thank you :tongue: Pfft of course he can't, he's already lost :colonhash: I was impressed at that :tongue: SassKing has Julian Cope's band - The Teardrop Explodes - first album but nothing from Pete Wylie's band - Wah!/The Mighty Wah!/Wah Heat (:tongue: the name changed a lot xD)

Spoiler

:tongue: yeah, he doesn't even need to try :u: :tongue: Haha, ooh cool. :rofl: very indecisive :tongue:

Spoiler

:rofl:

SassKing will relink both the videos that Matrix is required to watch upon her return to the land of TSR. It is easier. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXw-bva7V0&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMLtqjX6geI

(And a bonus :colondollar: :tongue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5xvDoQOhA)

Haha, ooh thanks!
OK so dancing horses! Definitely worth the wait and it was interesting to hear it done like that. Personally, I don't know where I stand with it. I absolutely love McCulloch's voice in it; it's so much more emotional, from the heart and passionate I think. Don't really like the music that goes with it though. Some of the guitar riffs are really cool but everything together sounds more like a disco dance track :tongue: If I could listen to a track with the original music but McCulloch's voice like this... :daydreaming:

I didn't really like that version of The Game :redface:
Lips Like Sugar was amazing though! That cool bass bit that urmm...Les (aha got the name! :tongue:) did was great and I just love Mac's voice in this :excited:

Thanks so much for the final one! I really do love Do it Clean - has to be one of my Bunnymen favourites:yep:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
If I can convert matrix to liking indila
can I convert @ravioliyears to liking stromae...

Spoiler

Ravioli is no longer on TSR :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:tongue: yeah, he doesn't even need to try :u: :tongue: Haha, ooh cool. :rofl: very indecisive :tongue:

Spoiler

Haha, ooh thanks!
OK so dancing horses! Definitely worth the wait and it was interesting to hear it done like that. Personally, I don't know where I stand with it. I absolutely love McCulloch's voice in it; it's so much more emotional, from the heart and passionate I think. Don't really like the music that goes with it though. Some of the guitar riffs are really cool but everything together sounds more like a disco dance track :tongue: If I could listen to a track with the original music but McCulloch's voice like this... :daydreaming:

Lips Like Sugar was amazing though! That cool bass bit that urmm...Les (aha got the name! :tongue:) did was great and I just love Mac's voice in this :excited:

Thanks so much for the final one! I really do love Do it Clean - has to be one of my Bunnymen favourites:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's a bit more rough :tongue: I haven't listened to it much actually. Yeah his voice is amazing :smile: By the way, I didn't mention as I didn't think of this till afterwards :tongue: Dancing Horses was recorded specifically for an 80s film - Pretty in Pink.

Fair enough :smile: I've only ever seen 2 live performances of that track.
Yeah it's great :biggrin: I love all the cool extended guitar bits, awesome stuff.

They often used that song as an encore, extended it to be much longer :tongue: Same with Crocodiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCSQk5ZvSA
Mind-blowing! :tongue:
Yeah it's a bit more rough :tongue: I haven't listened to it much actually. Yeah his voice is amazing :smile: By the way, I didn't mention as I didn't think of this till afterwards :tongue: Dancing Horses was recorded specifically for an 80s film - Pretty in Pink.

Fair enough :smile: I've only ever seen 2 live performances of that track.
Yeah it's great :biggrin: I love all the cool extended guitar bits, awesome stuff.

They often used that song as an encore, extended it to be much longer :tongue: Same with Crocodiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCSQk5ZvSA
Mind-blowing! :tongue:

Ahh Matrix sees :tongue: Ooh awesome! I'll have to look that up at some point

Ohh right
Yeah, awesome stuff! :smile:

Cool! Yeah it sure is mind-blowing :tongue: Woahhh it gets really mysterious and eerie at 4:40 when Mac starts whispering and then when Pete tops it all at 5:00! Amazing! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh Matrix sees :tongue: Ooh awesome! I'll have to look that up at some point

Ohh right
Yeah, awesome stuff! :smile:

Cool! Yeah it sure is mind-blowing :tongue: Woahhh it gets really mysterious and eerie at 4:40 when Mac starts whispering and then when Pete tops it all at 5:00! Amazing! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

You know they just had something as a group, they all worked together so well and they just had this 'magic'. A real presence and atmosphere, and they had an awesome attitude and looked cool to boot :tongue: and of course they wrote produced some amazing music. They might not be the biggest band and they might be underrated and most people are probably unaware of them, but they had something special. I think it shows that you don't have to sell loads of records and have tons of fame etc. to be great :smile:
You know they just had something as a group, they all worked together so well and they just had this 'magic'. A real presence and atmosphere, and they had an awesome attitude and looked cool to boot :tongue: and of course they wrote produced some amazing music. They might not be the biggest band and they might be underrated and most people are probably unaware of them, but they had something special. I think it shows that you don't have to sell loads of records and have tons of fame etc. to be great :smile:

Wow, SassKing. You are just hitting it out of the (TSR) park with that one. I think I might quote that last bit in my inspirational quote thread :mmm: when I get back from holiday though :tongue:
I definitely agree with everything you've said there:yep:
That atmosphere must be even better live though, right? How many times have you seen them live? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, I don't think I've ever sent this... :tongue:
@Matrix123

[video="youtube;_VldVWbB0YU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VldVWbB0YU[/video]

Spoiler

Haha, ooh thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol i was obvs 1st to know :lol:
Original post by saraxh
Yes, I booked the tickets :h: thank you

I understand dw
I'm glad you like it there :redface:

Woop! I bet you can't wait for that then!!
No worries! :biggrin:

Thankyou!
Thanks! It's a great place to be!! :yep:
Wow, SassKing. You are just hitting it out of the (TSR) park with that one. I think I might quote that last bit in my inspirational quote thread :mmm: when I get back from holiday though :tongue:
I definitely agree with everything you've said there:yep:
That atmosphere must be even better live though, right? How many times have you seen them live? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thank you :tongue: It's true though, and others think the same. I saw this comment on a Bunnymen video recently:

"The Bunnymen were simply incomparable.They will live forever because of their music - long after some of the hyped so called superbands are but a distant memory.I saw them many times in the early 80's and they moved me like no other band before or since".

A lot of people have said that seeing them live in their prime in the 80s was a life changing experience :smile:

I've only seen them twice. It's not as good as seeing them in the 80s of course, but they were still brilliant :smile: Especially at the concert I went to a while back.

In the early 80s, they had this special atmospheric stage show. Shown here, so cool :tongue:
[video="youtube;ozO_UDKK1Vw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO_UDKK1Vw[/video]
Also, I don't think I've ever sent this... :tongue:
@Matrix123

[video="youtube;_VldVWbB0YU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VldVWbB0YU[/video]

No, you haven't! Woahhhhhh :shock:
OK, so at first I thought "wth has SassKing sent me?:lolwut:" then the guitar bit kicked in and it was "ohhh yeah, this is cool! :cool:". I don't know why but I started to find it a bit funny then he started the bit about cucumbers, cabbages and cauliflower XD His yells (?) did shock me :rofl: but overall I did like it :biggrin: apart from these yells, I thought it was an amazing song :tongue:
lol i was obvs 1st to know :lol:

Hehe yup :redface: :tongue:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=66580662

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK, so at first I thought "wth has SassKing sent me?:lolwut:" then the guitar bit kicked in and it was "ohhh yeah, this is cool! :cool:". I don't know why but I started to find it a bit funny then he started the bit about cucumbers, cabbages and cauliflower XD His yells (?) did shock me :rofl: but overall I did like it :biggrin: apart from these yells, I thought it was an amazing song :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He made lyrics that sounded daft work :lol: They were unique :tongue: Yes they were yells XD Their songs also had a sort of crazy, psychedelic element to them :tongue: It's insane to hear live :tongue:
Haha thank you :tongue: It's true though, and others think the same. I saw this comment on a Bunnymen video recently:

"The Bunnymen were simply incomparable.They will live forever because of their music - long after some of the hyped so called superbands are but a distant memory.I saw them many times in the early 80's and they moved me like no other band before or since".

A lot of people have said that seeing them live in their prime in the 80s was a life changing experience :smile:

I've only seen them twice. It's not as good as seeing them in the 80s of course, but they were still brilliant :smile: Especially at the concert I went to a while back.

In the early 80s, they had this special atmospheric stage show. Shown here, so cool :tongue:
[video="youtube;ozO_UDKK1Vw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO_UDKK1Vw[/video]

No worries :angel: :tongue: It sure is true:yep:
Ahhh very nicely said, random commenter :top: :tongue:

I see, yes it seems like it would have been great to see them in the 80s. I don't don't know how old your dad is :tongue: but did he ever manage to go to any of the 80s concerts? :smile:

Cool :smile:
That'll probably have to be the last song I listen to tonight :tongue: I only went as far as 1:30 but, yes quite atmospheric:yep::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown:

I know...
He made lyrics that sounded daft work :lol: They were unique :tongue: Yes they were yells XD Their songs also had a sort of crazy, psychedelic element to them :tongue: It's insane to hear live :tongue:

He sure did! (Imagine Satan trying to pull that off :colonhash: :tongue:)

I do love that about them though, that he put a lot of what seemed like really meaningful things into a weird presentation in the songs and wasn't afraid to be as unique as they were. Haha, I quite like that aspect of them, but dear Lord McCulloch, I don't quite know if I'd want to imagine that specific song live :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know...

He sure did! (Imagine Satan trying to pull that off :colonhash: :tongue:)

I do love that about them though, that he put a lot of what seemed like really meaningful things into a weird presentation in the songs and wasn't afraid to be as unique as they were. Haha, I quite like that aspect of them, but dear Lord McCulloch, I don't quite know if I'd want to imagine that specific song live :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:bawling: gon cry miself to sleep rn
No worries :angel: :tongue: It sure is true:yep:
Ahhh very nicely said, random commenter :top: :tongue:

I see, yes it seems like it would have been great to see them in the 80s. I don't don't know how old your dad is :tongue: but did he ever manage to go to any of the 80s concerts? :smile:

Cool :smile:
That'll probably have to be the last song I listen to tonight :tongue: I only went as far as 1:30 but, yes quite atmospheric:yep::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :tongue:

No :tongue: He was never into them enough to go and see them live (:colonhash: :tongue:). However he heard Rescue in a record shop and bought Crocodiles then and there, though he may have heard some of them on John Peel before that day. :tongue:

Fair enough :tongue: :smile: Yeah...
:bawling: gon cry miself to sleep rn

Don't cry! We shall be here :yep: btw, did you hear about Ravioli's motivational thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest