Turn on thread page Beta

I Need Things to Do!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I graduated last year with a BA (Hons) Music Degree and am due to start the Graduate Teacher Programme in September 04. I'm just stuck for things to do at the mo!!!! I don't really want to work because I worked all the way through my degree which meant I didn't use any of my student loan so I have some spare cash, I just need to occupy myself between now and September!!!!
    Any ideas?!

ReputationRep:
    Now - Watch The Footie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juliew44)
    Hey,

I graduated last year with a BA (Hons) Music Degree and am due to start the Graduate Teacher Programme in September 04. I'm just stuck for things to do at the mo!!!! I don't really want to work because I worked all the way through my degree which meant I didn't use any of my student loan so I have some spare cash, I just need to occupy myself between now and September!!!!
    Any ideas?!

OOOH, a music degree? from where? what did you study? sorry prob the last thing you want to talk about.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Now - Watch The Footie
    I'm not interested now that England are out, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Julie, you know me love you an truly, from head down to mi goolie.
    You turn me on with your big Babylon
    Julie, you got the sweet ass, truly, when mi touch it with mi goolie.
    Turn me on with your big Babylon

A to the L to the I to the Gizzy, J to the U to the LI Izzy
    S to the H to the A to the double Gizzy, Y rude bwoys get busy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    OOOH, a music degree? from where? what did you study? sorry prob the last thing you want to talk about.

MB
    I graduated from Colchester Institute, majored in Composition and Music in Education, all the fun!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    Julie, you know me love you an truly, from head down to mi goolie.
    You turn me on with your big Babylon
    Julie, you got the sweet ass, truly, when mi touch it with mi goolie.
    Turn me on with your big Babylon

Thanks! Thats really sad!!

ReputationRep:
    1) Take up a sport or start running/going to the gym. It will make you feel a lot better.
    2) Start playing a new musical instrument.
    3) Learn how to build yourself a web site.
    4) Build a website.
    5) Go bungee jumping.

ReputationRep:
    I graduated from Colchester Institute, majored in Composition and Music in Education, all the fun!!
    Surely you have some interests that you'd like to pursue in the summer? Give us an idea about what you would like to do/or what you're interested in other than music and then perhaps we could come up with a few ideas

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Any ideas?!
    don't go travelling. it's not worth getting the immunsiations because the side-effects are so bad. i am currently dying of yellow fever and meningitis at the same time. and tomorrow i'm going to get rabies. feel like i've been hit by a bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathsheba)
    don't go travelling. it's not worth getting the immunsiations because the side-effects are so bad. i am currently dying of yellow fever and meningitis at the same time. and tomorrow i'm going to get rabies. feel like i've been hit by a bus.
    Lol well if you go to some where like France I think she will be save

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Thats really sad!!
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    LMAO
    I am completely computer illiterate, so will one of you kindly translate ‘LMAO’ ‘IMO’ and these various other odd phrases into plain simple English for me. Thanks very much.

And why not go travelling? Don't listen to the others, it's something to do, and it'll keep you occupied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I am completely computer illiterate, so will one of you kindly translate ‘LMAO’ ‘IMO’ and these various other odd phrases into plain simple English for me. Thanks very much.

And why not go travelling? Don't listen to the others, it's something to do, and it'll keep you occupied!
    lmao=laughing my ass off
    imo=in my opinion

edit few others
    rofl=rolling on floor laughing
    lol=laughing out loud
    wtf=what the f*ck

ReputationRep:

Wow you have that many posts and you don't know?

lmao= laughing my arse off
    imo= in my opinion
    lol= laughing out loud
    rofl= rolling on the floor laughin

can't think of any more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Wow you have that many posts and you don't know?
    I've only ever used 'LOL' and have never felt inclined to ask anyone what they meant because I've never really felt the need to - I usually guessed my way or glared at you all for using them if you did. But erm...interesting, should I make a habit of using these phrases?!

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever used 'LOL' and have never felt inclined to ask anyone what they meant because I've never really felt the need to - I usually guessed my way or glared at you all for using them if you did. But erm...interesting, should I make a habit of using these phrases?!
    yystavu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    yystavu
    I'm not completely stupid either dear, you clearly made that up but nevertheless give me your translation of it

ReputationRep:
    I'm not completely stupid either dear, you clearly made that up but nevertheless give me your translation of it
    made up!!?? people use that all the time
    it stands for
    yes you should they are very useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    made up!!?? people use that all the time
    it stands for by people you mean just yourself

yes you should they are very useful not a very interesting translation I was hoping you'd use those 'y's very usefully.
    But back to the thread. How about summer camp, seeing as you're starting your 'Graduate Teacher Programme' I know it means working but it's fun, great work experience and you'll earn some more money.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.