Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been doing past papers and just general questions I've found; one of the things that always seems to come up is eddy currents. Easy enough, but different mark-schemes and different websites seem to explain inefficiency of transformers in different ways.

What I've got is:
    -flux in core
    -emf in core
    -current in core

then A
    -energy wasted as heat

or B
    -flux induced in core
    -opposes the original change of flux (Lenz's law)
    -reduces flux

In the mark-schemes I've seen both come up and using the wrong one gets 0 marks... I'm kind of unsure what to do, write both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zackdove)
    Been doing past papers and just general questions I've found; one of the things that always seems to come up is eddy currents. Easy enough, but different mark-schemes and different websites seem to explain inefficiency of transformers in different ways.

What I've got is:
    -flux in core
    -emf in core
    -current in core

then A
    -energy wasted as heat

or B
    -flux induced in core
    -opposes the original change of flux (Lenz's law)
    -reduces flux

In the mark-schemes I've seen both come up and using the wrong one gets 0 marks... I'm kind of unsure what to do, write both?
    I would put both tbh, I'm doing A2 OCR B physics aswell and their mark schemes are too picky. So if I was answering that question, I would put both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
    I would put both tbh, I'm doing A2 OCR B physics aswell and their mark schemes are too picky. So if I was answering that question, I would put both
    Yeah I've realised thats how the markschemes work now; As long as you write one correct answer you still get the marks unless you write another contradictory answer

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.