Any resit students? Need some advice on sixth form... Watch

seedlings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey everyone, so this is a question that goes out to sixth form students who repeated the year. I'm just wondering what grades did you get first time and then second time around? What changed? And how did you change your attitude the second time around.
I'm a resit student, so I'm in year 12, and I'm worried I won't get straight A's this year, will this lower my chances of getting into the course I want to do at university (chemical engineering)?
Thank youuuuu
emiloujess
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by seedlings)
Hey everyone, so this is a question that goes out to sixth form students who repeated the year. I'm just wondering what grades did you get first time and then second time around? What changed? And how did you change your attitude the second time around.
I'm a resit student, so I'm in year 12, and I'm worried I won't get straight A's this year, will this lower my chances of getting into the course I want to do at university (chemical engineering)?
Thank youuuuu
Hi

I resat year 12. I got EEUU the first time and ABC (7UMS total off AAB) the second time, so you definitely won't need to get straight A's! I applied for various Politics courses and got offers from Birmingham among others, and have a conditional place at Cardiff.

What changed... I guess that's different between individuals. I know what I did wrong (lack of attendance, not enough revision) so I changed it the second time around! I was shocked at Psychology (E) though because I worked so hard on that. I guess it was exam technique?
seedlings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Hi

I resat year 12. I got EEUU the first time and ABC (7UMS total off AAB) the second time, so you definitely won't need to get straight A's! I applied for various Politics courses and got offers from Birmingham among others, and have a conditional place at Cardiff.

What changed... I guess that's different between individuals. I know what I did wrong (lack of attendance, not enough revision) so I changed it the second time around! I was shocked at Psychology (E) though because I worked so hard on that. I guess it was exam technique?
this is really reasurring, thank you! last year i got CEUU, so im hoping that that will be very different this year! thanks again
emiloujess
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by seedlings)
this is really reasurring, thank you! last year i got CEUU, so im hoping that that will be very different this year! thanks again
No problem, best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (208)
49.29%
No (48)
11.37%
I'm not old enough (166)
39.34%

Watched Threads