Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mine:

This Leicester thing isn't a story, they spent their way out of the championship by paying silly money for average at best players, Matt Mills cost them £5m which shows how recklessly they've spent

England is only struggling at the moment to produce players as the media are hyping up them when they're young and/or general bad luck such as injuries or a bad off the pitch life.

THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD NOT A GENERAL THREAD. UNPOPULAR FOOTBALL OPINIONS ONLY

ReputationRep:
    Bush did 9/11.

ReputationRep:
    Disliking Leicester is the new cool....

ReputationRep:
    Cardamoms are nice.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    EDIT: Just realised you're not asking for unpopular opinions. :rofl: Though still going to keep that there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Mine:

This Leicester thing isn't a story, they spent their way out of the championship by paying silly money for average at best players, Matt Mills cost them £5m which shows how recklessly they've spent

England is only struggling at the moment to produce players as the media are hyping up them when they're young and/or general bad luck such as injuries or a bad off the pitch life.
    That second statement is like saying Water is wet - first is fair but by comparison to the top teams that they wiped the floor with this year the general public/media consensus is fair.

ReputationRep:
    The tiniest bit of research shows that this isn't true, they have the 4th cheapest squad in the league.

Matt Mills, well they made £2m back on that (talk about net spend, fella), and when you also get Vardy and Mahrez for a combined £2m that kinda averages out as pretty good spending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    The tiniest bit of research shows that this isn't true, they have the 4th cheapest squad in the league.

Matt Mills, well they made £2m back on that (talk about net spend, fella), and when you also get Vardy and Mahrez for a combined £2m that kinda averages out as pretty good spending.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leice...rs/verein/1003 they spent £13m in the 2011/12 season, at the time even a couple of million was big money at championship level

ReputationRep:
    The OP has to be a Spurs fan.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leice...rs/verein/1003 they spent £13m in the 2011/12 season, at the time even a couple of million was big money at championship level
    But by "this Leicester thing" you mean the PL win right... no one is saying their Championship win 2 years ago is incredible. They're talking about their PL win which involved spending far less than the opposition

ReputationRep:
    The Leicester thing definitely is a story. To win the league with a starting XI that cost less than Lamela is a hell of an achievement, no matter what the detractors say.

Mine would be:

- Guardiola is massively overrated and has taken Bayern backwards if anything.

- Danny Drinkwater is ****. Loses the ball far too often and is made to look good by the players around him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    The OP has to be a Spurs fan.
    Im a Reading fan actually :P

ReputationRep:
    rubicon drinks are vile

ReputationRep:
    I hate avocados

ReputationRep:
    Everyone like me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No-one truly likes me

ReputationRep:
    That gift cards are a pointless waste of money that limit your options and must be simply destroyed at once. Just give me the money in cash gosh darn it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    But by "this Leicester thing" you mean the PL win right... no one is saying their Championship win 2 years ago is incredible. They're talking about their PL win which involved spending far less than the opposition
    I think I'm a bit more pedantic with what I define as a story. I only see this as a major sporting triumph that will never be forgotten. For me, a story involves a span of a decade of dominance or a non-league team making their way up to the top with almost no money, for me that is a story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Everyone like me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No-one truly likes me
    B-but I do... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    B-but I do... :cry2:
    I know you like me but i know no-one REALLY likes me that much ......

ReputationRep:
    Hillary should be President

ReputationRep:
    LVG needs to stay and f*** united up a little more, let the others have some silverware

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.