Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unpopular opinions? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mine:

This Leicester thing isn't a story, they spent their way out of the championship by paying silly money for average at best players, Matt Mills cost them £5m which shows how recklessly they've spent

England is only struggling at the moment to produce players as the media are hyping up them when they're young and/or general bad luck such as injuries or a bad off the pitch life.

THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD NOT A GENERAL THREAD. UNPOPULAR FOOTBALL OPINIONS ONLY

ReputationRep:
    Bush did 9/11.

ReputationRep:
    Disliking Leicester is the new cool....

ReputationRep:
    Cardamoms are nice.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    EDIT: Just realised you're not asking for unpopular opinions. :rofl: Though still going to keep that there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Mine:

This Leicester thing isn't a story, they spent their way out of the championship by paying silly money for average at best players, Matt Mills cost them £5m which shows how recklessly they've spent

England is only struggling at the moment to produce players as the media are hyping up them when they're young and/or general bad luck such as injuries or a bad off the pitch life.
    That second statement is like saying Water is wet - first is fair but by comparison to the top teams that they wiped the floor with this year the general public/media consensus is fair.

ReputationRep:
    The tiniest bit of research shows that this isn't true, they have the 4th cheapest squad in the league.

Matt Mills, well they made £2m back on that (talk about net spend, fella), and when you also get Vardy and Mahrez for a combined £2m that kinda averages out as pretty good spending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    The tiniest bit of research shows that this isn't true, they have the 4th cheapest squad in the league.

Matt Mills, well they made £2m back on that (talk about net spend, fella), and when you also get Vardy and Mahrez for a combined £2m that kinda averages out as pretty good spending.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leice...rs/verein/1003 they spent £13m in the 2011/12 season, at the time even a couple of million was big money at championship level

ReputationRep:
    The OP has to be a Spurs fan.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leice...rs/verein/1003 they spent £13m in the 2011/12 season, at the time even a couple of million was big money at championship level
    But by "this Leicester thing" you mean the PL win right... no one is saying their Championship win 2 years ago is incredible. They're talking about their PL win which involved spending far less than the opposition

ReputationRep:
    The Leicester thing definitely is a story. To win the league with a starting XI that cost less than Lamela is a hell of an achievement, no matter what the detractors say.

Mine would be:

- Guardiola is massively overrated and has taken Bayern backwards if anything.

- Danny Drinkwater is ****. Loses the ball far too often and is made to look good by the players around him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    The OP has to be a Spurs fan.
    Im a Reading fan actually :P

ReputationRep:
    rubicon drinks are vile

ReputationRep:
    I hate avocados

ReputationRep:
    Everyone like me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No-one truly likes me

ReputationRep:
    That gift cards are a pointless waste of money that limit your options and must be simply destroyed at once. Just give me the money in cash gosh darn it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    But by "this Leicester thing" you mean the PL win right... no one is saying their Championship win 2 years ago is incredible. They're talking about their PL win which involved spending far less than the opposition
    I think I'm a bit more pedantic with what I define as a story. I only see this as a major sporting triumph that will never be forgotten. For me, a story involves a span of a decade of dominance or a non-league team making their way up to the top with almost no money, for me that is a story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Everyone like me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No-one truly likes me
    B-but I do... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    B-but I do... :cry2:
    I know you like me but i know no-one REALLY likes me that much ......

ReputationRep:
    Hillary should be President

ReputationRep:
    LVG needs to stay and f*** united up a little more, let the others have some silverware

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.