Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have always been an A* french student and my exam is in 2 weeks. I have A* in my controlled assessment and always get A* in reading. I've always been weaker on listening, getting a B or an A but I have always been confident I can still get an A* overall. Tonight, I did the 2015 listening paper and got a C, a C!! I know this is still a pass but I feel so worried for my exam now. I have been very stressed today due to things at home and am trying to tell myself this is why I did so badly, but I can't help worrying. How can I practice more for the listening paper, I've done all of the other past papers? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Do not stress too much if you are 2/3 grades below your target in the listening papers, that's to be expected as it is by far the hardest skill. I managed an A* overall and that was with a borderline B in listening. More practice can only help bit what was also a massive help for me was learning the most common connectives/qualifiers/adjectives that came up time and again. Learning those rather than pointlessly choosing vocab is much more useful in helping you to "guesstimate" what is being said for those times you're not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam_98)
    Do not stress too much if you are 2/3 grades below your target in the listening papers, that's to be expected as it is by far the hardest skill. I managed an A* overall and that was with a borderline B in listening. More practice can only help bit what was also a massive help for me was learning the most common connectives/qualifiers/adjectives that came up time and again. Learning those rather than pointlessly choosing vocab is much more useful in helping you to "guesstimate" what is being said for those times you're not 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, I do normally get an A or a B it's just frightened me that I got a C I will focus on those, thankyou. I lost most of the marks on the question where you have to listen to the passage and answer both questions on it, I guess I just got lost, surprised myself and got almost full marks on the answer in English ones though. Thanks again

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.