Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend didnt invite me to ladies night Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am so upset, this girl from my church who I thought was my friend had a ladies night get together and posted pictures on FB, and when I asked what it was for and if it was dress shopping she said "No. We were hanging out. And you dont need to be at every social thing I do, ok? Im sorry, but no." What the heck? She hasnt ever invited me to a single social thing shes done, ever. And then I said well sorry for asking I just felt excluded. She said theres no reason you should have felt excluded. But isnt that what you just did? And then to follow it up with an exclusive remark of I dont need to be at every social event you do. Wth? On top of that sh d made a fb post about a sushi get together and when I responded told me itwas cancelled and woulc reschedule it fof next week, then ended up cancelling again because she forgot sh ed had an appointment to get her phone fixed. Then she glared at me at church and didnt end up going to a small group prayer meeting that she was goingto go to after seeing that I was there. I dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    these hoes aint loyal

ReputationRep:
    She isn't really a 'friend' then, is she?

Say goodbye to her and move on...

ReputationRep:
    guess the feeling wasn't right

ReputationRep:
    are you even a lady?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    are you even a lady?
    Of course, why?

ReputationRep:
    She isn't you friend, leave her and move on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    She isn't really a 'friend' then, is she?

Say goodbye to her and move on...
    even though she said she was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poehlerfan)
    Of course, why?
    prove it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poehlerfan)
    even though she said she was
    I could tell you that I am a giraffe. Does that mean I am telling the truth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    I could tell you that I am a giraffe. Does that mean I am telling the truth?
    I believe you

ReputationRep:
    When a similar situation happen to me a while back I posted poo through the letterbox.

(not that I am advising you to do the same)

ReputationRep:
    Ladies night... #illegal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleBoobies)
    are you even a lady?
    You're not one. Why have you disguised yourself as a girl?

ReputationRep:
    Sadlly, your 'friend' isn't a true friend. I'm sorry this is happening through your church which, ideally, would be a place of love and inclusion. But, people are people where ever they are. This girl is showing you her true personality which isn't a nice one. Please know you are not the first or last person she will treat in this manner. I hope you have other people in your church that you do feel accepted by and included with. A church group should fill you with hope, strength and, yes, inclusion. If you are not finding that at your church you may need to consider finding another church. You don't deserve the way she is treating you and perhaps you might want to consider 'unfriending' her on FB so you don't have to be exposed to her hurtful posts. It does you no good to see them even though you, if you're like me, think that you do want to see what is going on. So, my advice is unfriend her on FB and evaluate if you are leaving your church feeling up and empowered to face the week or if it leaves you feeling depleted, sad and left out. If you don't leave church feeling better about life then you might want to find a new church and you'll meet new friends. Good luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Your idea of friendship probably isn't the same as hers. I have been moaned at for not inviting someone to go away with me. He, to me, is just someone I know, rather than a friend. I was sometimes in the situation of going away and meeting up with friends there.

I used to have a group of friends who would sometimes not invite me to things. I never questioned this beecause I knew (and so did they) that if they did ask me, my answer would be no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.