Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling to complete the year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Between my mental health issues, my lack of accomplishments, my self loathing and general inability to be/stay happy, I really can't see my self making it to the end of the year.idk why i'm making this thread, I suppose need to vent and need the attention. I have no friends to talk to.

(Feel free to move to the correct forum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbaToWaitForAnon)
    Between my mental health issues, my lack of accomplishments, my self loathing and general inability to be/stay happy, I really can't see my self making it to the end of the year.idk why i'm making this thread, I suppose need to vent and need the attention. I have no friends to talk to.

Have you spoken to your family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Have you spoken to your family?
    No, the dynamic of our family doesn't allow for it. Mental health issues aren't something I'm able to discuss.
    Even if I was able to, I physically can't bring myself to talk about myself irl. The words don't come out my mouth and my mind goes blank

ReputationRep:
    No, the dynamic of our family doesn't allow for it. Mental health issues aren't something I'm able to discuss.
    Even if I was able to, I physically can't bring myself to talk about myself irl. The words don't come out my mouth and my mind goes blank
    Maybe someone in your school?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe someone in your school?
    I'm at uni, but I don't know anything about the services they provide. I also finish this week, so I wont be able to do anything anyway.
    Then there's also the problem with not being able to express how I'm feeling

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni, but I don't know anything about the services they provide. I also finish this week, so I wont be able to do anything anyway.
    I am a bit stuck with what to advice you or try to help you.
    Log in tomorrow evening as most of the people that will be able to give you sensible advice are gone (as it is late) but they will see the thread and I am sure you will have many responses by tomorrow.

Good luck friend.

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit stuck with what to advice you or try to help you.
    Log in tomorrow evening as most of the people that will be able to give you sensible advice are gone (as it is late) but they will see the thread and I am sure you will have many responses by tomorrow.

Good luck friend.
    Don't worry, I appreciate the effort anyway
    I wasn't expecting anything life changing anyway, just wanted to get it out of my head

ReputationRep:

Feel free to send me a pm if you want to chat/vent, last few months have been tough for me so i know how you feel!

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plasmaman)
    Feel free to send me a pm if you want to chat/vent, last few months have been tough for me so i know how you feel!
    Cheers for the offer, but I don't want anyone to know who I am
    What's been up though? (If you don't mind sharing of course)

(Original post by Naveed-7)
    I feel the same
    Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your GP? If you are having mental health issues they can give you support and advice. They also will know what local services are available (counselling etc) to help you. I know it's hard approaching a GP for help with mental health but it's really the best way forwards for you - especially if you are feeling this low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    Have you spoken to your GP? If you are having mental health issues they can give you support and advice. They also will know what local services are available (counselling etc) to help you. I know it's hard approaching a GP for help with mental health but it's really the best way forwards for you - especially if you are feeling this low.
    I can't, I literally, physically can't talk about myself irl. If anyone knows who I am when I talk about this stuff, my brain shuts down. I have huge issues expressing how I feel.
    The other problem is that it isn't all medical. My life genuinely is pointless atm, the feelings aren't really unjustified

ReputationRep:
    I guess the question is, what are you going to do about it? You can stay in that isolated peri-suicidal place (and I get that, I've been there) or you can say you will fight it with everything you have. Starting with arguing with the voice that tells you you're worthless.

There's nothing shameful in struggling. Or struggling to talk. I'd spend the summer looking for help. If you're back in uni in sept you need to speak to student wellbeing and they are easy enough to find. Most are mentioned in uni website.

Your life is important. It's no small thing to be thinking you won't be here. Be as brave as you were here and go speak to a professional

ReputationRep:
    The mind blank is avoidance..it can be overcome with patience and self compassion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    I guess the question is, what are you going to do about it? You can stay in that isolated peri-suicidal place (and I get that, I've been there) or you can say you will fight it with everything you have. Starting with arguing with the voice that tells you you're worthless.

There's nothing shameful in struggling. Or struggling to talk. I'd spend the summer looking for help. If you're back in uni in sept you need to speak to student wellbeing and they are easy enough to find. Most are mentioned in uni website.

Your life is important. It's no small thing to be thinking you won't be here. Be as brave as you were here and go speak to a professional
    The thing is, I don't have it in me to fight anything anymore. I've been depressed since I was like 15 and just cba for that anymore.
    There's nothing to fight for either. People are ****, i get lied to, used and laughed at by people I think are friends. There's not much else to fight for either. I don't do anything other then post **** on tsr and uni work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    I replied to this last night, but it seems to have vanished. I just can't talk to them. Physically can't, i used to go for check ups few years ago and it'd be me sitting there just not answering any questions. Waste of both our times

ReputationRep:
    I know this feeling extremely well - I can say everything I want on here but as soon as I speak to my partner/family/doctor etc. my mind goes blank and I just sound so pathetic. Maybe type everything down and take to your GP or a counsellor.
    It's a horrible feeling hating your life or feeling that it isn't important; it might not be important to John Doe in Ipswich but it's important to you and important to your family. Having no energy to fight is a normal feeling for people with MH issues but you have already made progress by coming on here and talking about it, so don't be so hard on yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I literally, physically can't talk about myself irl.
    You've been brave enough to post about it on here, though - could you write a letter or email to someone, or even text a close friend?

ReputationRep:
    I replied to this last night, but it seems to have vanished. I just can't talk to them. Physically can't, i used to go for check ups few years ago and it'd be me sitting there just not answering any questions. Waste of both our times
    You could copy and past your posts and print them out to take to the doctors with you.

They are used to helping people - everyone has something to contribute to this world

ReputationRep:
    I think you have more resilience than you imagine. A number of years ago I was actively suicidal with a number of attempts...but I was still posting on message boards for help in that despair. The capacity humans have for change and their hope is their strongest survival weapon. You are strong; not weak. You're coming on here and saying...I have nothing left - inferring that you need help and want some strength.

You have that here. We've got your back. All you need to do is put one foot in front of the other. Don't do yourself the disservice of stopping right before it starts to get better. You need to use your thoughts to bolster your self esteem. And trust that we aren't lying. It gets better. And honestly, some days are so pants that all we have is this belief that we can trust what someone has said to us.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.