Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I matched with this guy on Tinder roughly two years ago - it was in the midst of exam period and I wasn't all that interested in him, but he kept pursuing me. At first I thought he was cringey - as he was so forward - and I had no intention of meeting him but I continued to reply to him as I didn't want to seem rude. He pursued me for weeks, months, and as time went on I developed more of an interest in him particularly as we had been talking pretty much every day and I admired the fact that he was still trying with me...he told me there was something about me and he just couldn't stop talking to me.

We initially matched in my university town... he was living there for work. We eventually met up and the date was going really well, we had lots in common but then he asked me if I wanted to come back to his and I accepted but didn't want to have sex on the first date. So, I went to his and obviously he tried to sleep with me but I wouldn't let it happen and things turned a bit sour after that. I stayed the night round his and the next morning was very awkward. It's a shame because the actual date was perfect and I'm also certain he wasn't just after one thing as he wouldn't have spoken to me every day for so long if he wasn't intending on anything serious. He texted me afterwards to see if I enjoyed myself, but then conversation fizzled out and we stopped talking. He continued to like my pictures on Instagram but we both just moved on.

The other day I downloaded Tinder again and he came up on it. Every time he popped up on it I just refreshed it so it would go on to other people, but he keeps popping up which suggests he has liked me. I am back home from university, and his hometown is also very close to mine. After a bit of recent stalking I noticed he has been travelling, so I guess he's maybe taking a break from work and has moved home for a bit. When I eventually get the balls to like him on there, I am hoping he'll talk to me, or otherwise I'd love to strike up a conversation with him. I'm not exactly sure what to say though and whether it'd still be awkward. Or would it be best just to leave it be? I am still interested in him and he was very keen on our date...nothing bad exactly happened, and this was two years ago so I'm not sure if enough time has passed now to laugh it off. What do you guys think?

he;;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I matched with this guy on Tinder roughly two years ago - it was in the midst of exam period and I wasn't all that interested in him, but he kept pursuing me. At first I thought he was cringey - as he was so forward - and I had no intention of meeting him but I continued to reply to him as I didn't want to seem rude. He pursued me for weeks, months, and as time went on I developed more of an interest in him particularly as we had been talking pretty much every day and I admired the fact that he was still trying with me...he told me there was something about me and he just couldn't stop talking to me.

We initially matched in my university town... he was living there for work. We eventually met up and the date was going really well, we had lots in common but then he asked me if I wanted to come back to his and I accepted but didn't want to have sex on the first date. So, I went to his and obviously he tried to sleep with me but I wouldn't let it happen and things turned a bit sour after that. I stayed the night round his and the next morning was very awkward. It's a shame because the actual date was perfect and I'm also certain he wasn't just after one thing as he wouldn't have spoken to me every day for so long if he wasn't intending on anything serious. He texted me afterwards to see if I enjoyed myself, but then conversation fizzled out and we stopped talking. He continued to like my pictures on Instagram but we both just moved on.

The other day I downloaded Tinder again and he came up on it. Every time he popped up on it I just refreshed it so it would go on to other people, but he keeps popping up which suggests he has liked me. I am back home from university, and his hometown is also very close to mine. After a bit of recent stalking I noticed he has been travelling, so I guess he's maybe taking a break from work and has moved home for a bit. When I eventually get the balls to like him on there, I am hoping he'll talk to me, or otherwise I'd love to strike up a conversation with him. I'm not exactly sure what to say though and whether it'd still be awkward. Or would it be best just to leave it be? I am still interested in him and he was very keen on our date...nothing bad exactly happened, and this was two years ago so I'm not sure if enough time has passed now to laugh it off. What do you guys think?
    Just message him

Any other views?!

ReputationRep:
    Wow I can't believe I read all of that
    Anyway, Talk to him, or ask a friend of yours to ask him if he has any feelings for you.
    Idk I am only 17 lol

ReputationRep:
    If you liked him there's no harm in matching with him again.

ReputationRep:
    If you like him, try and strike up a conversation, and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    He just wants to bang you like he bangs others on their, he doesnt want a relationship

ReputationRep:
    he;;p
    ?

Are you also male? (I guess so, 'cos you're emphasising that he's male. Have I interpreted correctly?)

If he texted you for several weeks before, he's probably a nice guy in it for the long run. It'd probably be a good idea to talk to him Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Lemme get this right,
    1. You found him on TINDER.
    2. He wouldn't stop pursuing you until you met.
    3. He tried to sleep with you.
    4. When that failed he ceased contact and went back to tinder?

Is it not obvious OP?

EDIT: He is trying to sleep with you again...

(Original post by ripjonsnow)
    Lemme get this right,
    1. You found him on TINDER.
    2. He wouldn't stop pursuing you until you met.
    3. He tried to sleep with you.
    4. When that failed he ceased contact and went back to tinder?

Is it not obvious OP?

EDIT: He is trying to sleep with you again...
    Yes I know it may seem that way but I don't think that's true. He did tell me he was after a serious relationship and also told me some pretty in depth things about himself. He also used to continue texting me while he was on holiday, and even though I rejected his attempts to meet up several times he still tried very hard. Surely if he was just looking to have sex it would have been easier for him to find someone else more willing

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know it may seem that way but I don't think that's true. He did tell me he was after a serious relationship and also told me some pretty in depth things about himself. He also used to continue texting me while he was on holiday, and even though I rejected his attempts to meet up several times he still tried very hard. Surely if he was just looking to have sex it would have been easier for him to find someone else more willing
    Im telling you OP. When you meet up, he's gonna try really hard to get laid.
    I dunno if he means it maliciously, maybe he doesnt get laid much, you said it yourself, he is cringey right?

Perhaps develop a relationship with him, then only have sex after a couple of months.

ReputationRep:
    Message him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi OP,

As sad as this may come across guys will talk to you and message you for weeks maybe even months and some sadly years just to get laid and may not want a serious relationship. I think action counts for a lot and judging by your story his actions summed it up and this was nicely summarised by another user ripjonsow. Tinder is famously known for hook-ups and I'm not doubting some people manage to get long term relationships from tinder I'm sure it can happen.

That line there's something about you... believe me you will hear it again. I'm sure there is a lot about YOU. It's a line if it isn't followed up by the appropriate behaviour and actions. Anyhow it seems you like him or perhaps you like the image you've built up of him and that one good time you had and how he tried to pursue you. He is still present because he didn't get what he wanted and because you went to the same place hence you're finding the same type of people. I could be wrong and things could flourish into a beautiful romantic relationship and you could laugh about what happened and talk about how over time you're glad you met again and it was "destiny" or whatever.

Just my one pence worth.

ReputationRep:
    I matched with this guy on Tinder .. I had no intention of meeting him but I continued to reply to him as I didn't want to seem rude .. After a bit of recent stalking I noticed he has been travelling .. What do you guys think?
    1) Guys, let this be a lesson - don't bother with crap like Tinder or you'll have your time wasted by girls who love the ego boost but often have little/no intention of meeting, yet think they'd be rude to get real about this - as if they're doing you some kind of favour by stringing you along

2) This is also yet another sorry example of just how pathetic interpersonal relations/social skills and associated modes of communication have become in 21st century youth culture. Don't waste so much time cyber-stalking/second guessing each other, kids, get on at talk to/meet up with each other, and leave the silly social media crap at home!

Amen

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.