Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Following up from my previous thread in February about the popularity of British Universities on Wikipedia, I've now updated the positions and the figures for the most recent data. I've included to the left of ranking whether if the university has increased or decreased its position compared to in February.

In my opinion, without a doubt the top 13 universities in this ranking are the some of the best universities in the UK - does this therefore suggest that there's a correlation between how popular a University is on Wikipedia and how well known and 'prestigious' the university is?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't see your university on the list? Click this link, and search for your university in the search bar and click 90 days to see how your university compares. For comparison's sake, I've left out some unis which had notable number of page views (e.g. Sussex would have placed 22nd and Surrey would have placed 27th had they been included).

ReputationRep:
    Another win for Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    UCL in third. Queue the haters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incongruous)
    UCL in third. Queue the haters.
    and Imperial below King's, Durham and Warwick below Manchester... these rankings are pretty irrelevant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    and Imperial below King's, Durham and Warwick below Manchester... these rankings are pretty irrelevant...
    Manchester is arguably more well known that Warwick and Durham tho

ReputationRep:
    The wiki rankings are more about how well known a university is, obviously size affects the discussion, but places like LSE which graduates famous world leaders on a regular basis will get more hits than Imperial which graduates mostly less well known scientists and engineers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.