Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this just FWB situation and is he lying? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been seeing this guy for while now and we have slept together a few times.

He is very attentive and texts me first thing every morning and throughout the day to check up on me, always pays attention to the things I say and tells me he loves sleeping next to me.
    We both do very demanding degree subjects and lately our relationship has turned in to just sex as that's all we have had time for since exams are fast approaching and tbh I do enjoy it. He always envourages me stay over and hugs and kisses me after sex and all through the night. We talk and stuff all through the night too.

I decided to ask him if he now view s the relationship as just FWB and he said he doesn't view it as that but didn't say what he does view it as.... He assures me he likes me and stuff but how can I know for sure he isn't just in it for the sex? I mean he could be lying to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachachacha)
    I have been seeing this guy for while now and we have slept together a few times.

He is very attentive and texts me first thing every morning and throughout the day to check up on me, always pays attention to the things I say and tells me he loves sleeping next to me.
    We both do very demanding degree subjects and lately our relationship has turned in to just sex as that's all we have had time for since exams are fast approaching and tbh I do enjoy it. He always envourages me stay over and hugs and kisses me after sex and all through the night. We talk and stuff all through the night too.

I decided to ask him if he now view s the relationship as just FWB and he said he doesn't view it as that but didn't say what he does view it as.... He assures me he likes me and stuff but how can I know for sure he isn't just in it for the sex? I mean he could be lying to me
    FWB would rarely include post-coital affection like snuggling after sex and phoning you asking about your feelins and sleepovers and that

The F in FWB is often mistakenly emphasised and it really does my head in tbh

FWB is simply a mutual agreement to only have sex every time you see each other, that's what separates FWB...from ONS. Ppl complicate **** and confuse everything for everyone. I would hate to have an FWB and have her expecting me to watch Avengers with her on Thursday night, just because some former guy did that? It also includes being able to sex other birds and you can't say nothing about it. It's more than ONS less than a relationship.

You need to upfront during them pillow sessions ask him, "Is this a relationship? Do you want one?" It's totally fine to go there, you're adults I presume. If you don't say nothin I assure you he won't unless he's a sentimental bloke. While the rod is hot ask him. You guys seem to get on so. Don't let it pass you you know. That's what I think, shrug.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's reluctant to say what he wants for fear of you going 'Ha! No way!'

If you would have a 'more than just sex' relationship with him, say so.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.