Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i was at Lancaster studying politics and IR from 2012 to 2015, now by the end of my course i had completely given up and checked out of my degree so i did not go to my last two exams and so wasnt awarded my degree despite still technically passing with a third.

Having spent the last nearly a year back home and working i've managed to work up the maturity and discipline to try this degree thing again and hopefully get a pass, the issue is im not sure if i can now, and googling it all has proven pretty not useful so i figured id enquire here.

Now ideally id want to move to manchester because thats where a lot of my friends are living, so does anyone know if id be able to redo my third year in one of the manchunian unis?

Just to be clear i never dropped at lancaster and i did finish my dissertation so if theres any kind of credit transfer thing i could do as an option to go to another uni then ill hear anything you have to say about that too.

PS sorry for spelling and grammar errors, im typing this on my phone on my break from work.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by NoThisIsPatrick)
    So i was at Lancaster studying politics and IR from 2012 to 2015, now by the end of my course i had completely given up and checked out of my degree so i did not go to my last two exams and so wasnt awarded my degree despite still technically passing with a third.

Having spent the last nearly a year back home and working i've managed to work up the maturity and discipline to try this degree thing again and hopefully get a pass, the issue is im not sure if i can now, and googling it all has proven pretty not useful so i figured id enquire here.

Now ideally id want to move to manchester because thats where a lot of my friends are living, so does anyone know if id be able to redo my third year in one of the manchunian unis?

Just to be clear i never dropped at lancaster and i did finish my dissertation so if theres any kind of credit transfer thing i could do as an option to go to another uni then ill hear anything you have to say about that too.

PS sorry for spelling and grammar errors, im typing this on my phone on my break from work.
    How many credits do you have on your transcript? Are you willing to fund it yourself? 3rd year transfers are near on impossible so i think its unlikely you can do it any other way than going through ou but i could be wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.