Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 18, no clue what to do or what path to take. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 18 year old male, continuously trying to fit into society in the easiest way I possibly can. By staying low, by being unnoticed, by staying at home and doing nothing with my life and constantly wishing it all away. I'm confused, I'm not sure if its normal to be, but by the amount of articles I've read I'd be comfortable in saying that it is.

I left college shortly after I joined, it was a really unpleasant experience. I wasn't understood, I didn't really understand myself actually... I still dont. Ever since I left college which would've been 8 months ago now, I've attempted two jobs, both I didn't enjoy which has ultimately left me right back to where I begun... In unemployment.

I'm just stuck, I'm constantly finding myself back at square one, I just feel as if I'm binded to a life of jumping in and out of careers, being unemployed, and doing it all over again. I dont want that life, I want a life I can build for myself, I want to be independent, I dont want to depend on my partner.

Sometimes I feel like I invest to much time in everyone else, so that I can remain happy. But I've realised i'm not investing anytime into myself to figure out what I want to do. I dont want to stay unemployed, I want to go out there and be the best I can be and contribute to the world however I may do that.

I'm just asking for any advice and I'm open to anything, I'm just stuck on this rocky road, I'm not sure how I will get back from it, or how I will choose my direction from here. What's next? What do I do.. Do I travel? Do I go to college? Do I find a job to get me by until i figure out what I do want to do? do I move to a different city and experience life outside of my comfort zone?

I'm just open to learning, I need any advice I can get and I'd appreciate any comment that someone would be willing to post. Thanks!

Ben.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benroberto)
    I'm an 18 year old male, continuously trying to fit into society in the easiest way I possibly can. By staying low, by being unnoticed, by staying at home and doing nothing with my life and constantly wishing it all away. I'm confused, I'm not sure if its normal to be, but by the amount of articles I've read I'd be comfortable in saying that it is.

I left college shortly after I joined, it was a really unpleasant experience. I wasn't understood, I didn't really understand myself actually... I still dont. Ever since I left college which would've been 8 months ago now, I've attempted two jobs, both I didn't enjoy which has ultimately left me right back to where I begun... In unemployment.

I'm just stuck, I'm constantly finding myself back at square one, I just feel as if I'm binded to a life of jumping in and out of careers, being unemployed, and doing it all over again. I dont want that life, I want a life I can build for myself, I want to be independent, I dont want to depend on my partner.

Sometimes I feel like I invest to much time in everyone else, so that I can remain happy. But I've realised i'm not investing anytime into myself to figure out what I want to do. I dont want to stay unemployed, I want to go out there and be the best I can be and contribute to the world however I may do that.

I'm just asking for any advice and I'm open to anything, I'm just stuck on this rocky road, I'm not sure how I will get back from it, or how I will choose my direction from here. What's next? What do I do.. Do I travel? Do I go to college? Do I find a job to get me by until i figure out what I do want to do? do I move to a different city and experience life outside of my comfort zone?

I'm just open to learning, I need any advice I can get and I'd appreciate any comment that someone would be willing to post. Thanks!

Ben.
    What qualifications do you have?
    What careers would you like to work in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.