Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saw this on the news earlier.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...PublicRSS20-sa

Whaaaaatt

ReputationRep:
    WHAT?

ReputationRep:
    Wtf!!!!!!!!!

How much did they change?

Please tell me there is a good 10 marker

i need my essay

what the actual ****? How is it leaked!!!???

ReputationRep:
    Haha its something every year
    Freakin' ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    it happened last month it wont be much different overall

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess that could screw up my prediction of the questions if they have changed it

ReputationRep:
    Will it be easier or harder???

Heard this happened at GCSE in England once and replacement was easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeff548)
    Will it be easier or harder???

Heard this happened at GCSE in England once and replacement was easier
    It should be the same level and regardless of the difficulty you should still get the same overall grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treen98)
    It should be the same level and regardless of the difficulty you should still get the same overall grade
    I would have to disagree with that on the basis, one could of focused on things that haven't come up in previous papers but now that changes have been made it is a free-for-all and anything could come up

Anyone know anything which was leaked ??!😂😂

ReputationRep:
    exam papers are supposed to be prepared months in advance and because of this a lot of my friends are worried that the exam won't be as fair as it could be

ReputationRep:
    rip sqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    I would have to disagree with that on the basis, one could of focused on things that haven't come up in previous papers but now that changes have been made it is a free-for-all and anything could come up
    But the reason teachers spend so much time looking at what recurs is because it tends to be the same things year in year out with a few variations but regardless of this you shouldn't be focussing on one thing and ignoring others just because you predicted they wouldn't come up. Every year there is uncertainty and it is in your best interest to prepare for as many questions and scenarios as possible and not just on what may or may not appear

ReputationRep:
    Where can i find the old question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiff4ny)
    exam papers are supposed to be prepared months in advance and because of this a lot of my friends are worried that the exam won't be as fair as it could be
    I don't actually know how it will all be resolved but the sqa will have questions for all subjects that were at an appropriate level for exams but were not used so I think they'll just rely on them or maybe modify others to avoid this

ReputationRep:
    Aahahahahaha 2 types of people on this thread:

1) People trying to see if its harder or easier now

2) People trying to get the old paper lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    Yeah.

We are going in blind now, no other way of putting it. Everyone in English has been trying to predict questions and now this happens...!!!

I try looking at old papers too to see what may come up. If my prediction was correct but the paper got leaked, they will make it TOTALLY different so no one is advantaged if the paper was stolen.

This truly and utterly sucks. I was prepared and had memorised 2 essays for my prediction and now it could be a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GODDAMIT SQA, YOU SUCK

(Original post by Jeff548)
    Yeah.

We are going in blind now, no other way of putting it. Everyone in English has been trying to predict questions and now this happens...!!!

I try looking at old papers too to see what may come up. If my prediction was correct but the paper got leaked, they will make it TOTALLY different so no one is advantaged if the paper was stolen.

This truly and utterly sucks. I was prepared and had memorised 2 essays for my prediction and now it could be a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GODDAMIT SQA, YOU SUCK
    What were your predictions??

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just dropping in to calm a few nerves. The changes really won't affect how you do in the exam. Here's the latest information - the exam will be going ahead as scheduled on Thursday

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/76648.html

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.