CIE IGCSE Geography Paper 1 2016 Watch

S_Dodd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey! I was just wondering how people did on the Geography Paper 1 exam, thought the case studies were a little difficult
roxy100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought the questions were harder than previous years but the case studies were ok (at least the population one was)

I thought theme 3 questions were difficult
S_Dodd
Rep:
?
(Original post by roxy100)
I thought the questions were harder than previous years but the case studies were ok (at least the population one was)

I thought theme 3 questions were difficult
Yeah, I agree, everyone always always to like the population questions at least thats what I found at my school
Thomas James
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i messed up with question 5,6. forgot about only doing one in each section. question 5 was difficult though. 7 marker
astonky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S_Dodd)
Yeah, I agree, everyone always always to like the population questions at least thats what I found at my school
So do i. Population was easy, weather and climate just the same (because I revised it). I had to invent some stuff for theme 3 on agriculture and energy, but I hope it goes unnoticed. I am praying for an a star.
S_Dodd
Rep:
?
(Original post by astonky)
So do i. Population was easy, weather and climate just the same (because I revised it). I had to invent some stuff for theme 3 on agriculture and energy, but I hope it goes unnoticed. I am praying for an a star.
Haha, I just felt that they merged different sections of the syllabus into each section which they didn't do in previous years. So with the weather and climate one I missed it out cause I couldn't remember the weather instruments
DJShaji
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Geography wasn't too bad imo.

What questions did everyone do?

I struggled with theme 3 - specifically the 5 marker on question 6 about why conservation is important (paraphrasing). I know its common sense but I just went so blank

I hope Friday's paper is easy. Anyone know how to revise for the skills paper?
S_Dodd
Rep:
?
(Original post by DJShaji)

I struggled with theme 3 - specifically the 5 marker on question 6 about why conservation is important (paraphrasing). I know its common sense but I just went so blank

I go blank on all the questions and then regain my 'lost knowledge' right after the exam -__- it's really annoying.
I've found some good tips about how to answer the questions on Friday's paper but otherwise it's just analysing and using maps
nerdcry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
maybe i had different papers as you guys but i got migration , weather (very unexpected), river, energy and water.... LOL
DJShaji
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nerdcry)
maybe i had different papers as you guys but i got migration , weather (very unexpected), river, energy and water.... LOL
you might have had a different variant. We did 0460/12. It should say on your timetable
Sneakypie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I think it was okayish... except for some questions. I did Question 1,4 and 5. but i bul*****ed the question about what causes there to be a hot desert climate in equatorial regions..something like that... I feel that it was quite hard.. Paper 2 is soon (
S_Dodd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sneakypie)
Hi, I think it was okayish... except for some questions. I did Question 1,4 and 5. but i bul*****ed the question about what causes there to be a hot desert climate in equatorial regions..something like that... I feel that it was quite hard.. Paper 2 is soon (
I think everyone has ********ted at least one section of their Geography paper 1's Would be great to hear how the one on Friday goes as well (helps me know what kind of mark I could be expecting based on grade boundaries)
yozzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
Nye2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could someone tell me what the grade boundaries for an A*, A etc please?
S_Dodd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nye2001)
Could someone tell me what the grade boundaries for an A*, A etc please?
Well it changes every year but last year you needed 75% for A* and 66% for an A
Nye2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found the case studies okay. I did question 1 and Tanzania; question 3 and Felixstowe; question 5 and Nike. The coastal erosion one I had absolutely no idea on it at all, so I made one up.
DJShaji
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S_Dodd)
Well it changes every year but last year you needed 75% for A* and 66% for an A
They also divide your score for paper 1 by 1.77 to give it's weighting
dk2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
could i ask why the entire thing is out of 220? paper one, two and coursework surely adds up to 195 so i don't get why it's 220
ndk123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did populatiom, weather climate and development. I found it really hard!!! Any tips for paper 2? Do you know where to find maps from other years?
sneaky beaver
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DJShaji)

yeh i found that pretty hard, then i found out someone from our school did 1,3 and 4, and i bet he's not the only one, I swear you were meant to answer 1 question from 1 and 2, 1 question from 3 and 4, and 1 question from 5 and 6.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (229)
59.95%
No (153)
40.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed