how do you know a degree is for you?? Watch

shanwood1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Im really really struggling to find a degree that suits me!! im 19 years old and I am really unsure on what I want to do???? im stuck in such a rut!!! someone have any advise??
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shanwood1)
Im really really struggling to find a degree that suits me!! im 19 years old and I am really unsure on what I want to do???? im stuck in such a rut!!! someone have any advise??
Do you have any interests? Any potential careers you like the look of?
shanwood1
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Do you have any interests? Any potential careers you like the look of?
Like the sound of workinh with people one to one or in grpups... to help battle barriers to learning or help achieve their goals. Maybe somerhing educational or therapeutic ... but maybe not a teacher as such
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Just go through one of the uni guides and leaf through courses. Think what interests you or alternatively think about what you want to do for a career.

Its important if you pick a degree, then you really know why you are doing it as its going to cost you £50,000.

Start with subjects youve studied and then look at what new areas you can do at uni.
shanwood1
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just go through one of the uni guides and leaf through courses. Think what interests you or alternatively think about what you want to do for a career.

Its important if you pick a degree, then you really know why you are doing it as its going to cost you £50,000.

Start with subjects youve studied and then look at what new areas you can do at uni.
Well i have dkne geography engkish language and art at a level and received really good grades however geog amd english isnt something i would like to persue further so i might think of something new?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Well i have dkne geography engkish language and art at a level and received really good grades however geog amd english isnt something i would like to persue further so i might think of something new?
Literally just go through one of the guides and start narrowing it down. Some topics you wont want to do, some you will be barred from because of your A levels.
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in the same position. For me it's between business management, economics or politics with international relations. I want to work in the music business though but it's so hard knowing where to start and which is best doing. Hope you don't mind me asking but did you take a gap year after A levels/BTEC?
shanwood1
Rep:
?
Yeah I am on a gap year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)