Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im really really struggling to find a degree that suits me!! im 19 years old and I am really unsure on what I want to do???? im stuck in such a rut!!! someone have any advise??
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by shanwood1)
    Im really really struggling to find a degree that suits me!! im 19 years old and I am really unsure on what I want to do???? im stuck in such a rut!!! someone have any advise??
    Do you have any interests? Any potential careers you like the look of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Do you have any interests? Any potential careers you like the look of?
    Like the sound of workinh with people one to one or in grpups... to help battle barriers to learning or help achieve their goals. Maybe somerhing educational or therapeutic ... but maybe not a teacher as such
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just go through one of the uni guides and leaf through courses. Think what interests you or alternatively think about what you want to do for a career.

Its important if you pick a degree, then you really know why you are doing it as its going to cost you £50,000.

Start with subjects youve studied and then look at what new areas you can do at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Just go through one of the uni guides and leaf through courses. Think what interests you or alternatively think about what you want to do for a career.

Its important if you pick a degree, then you really know why you are doing it as its going to cost you £50,000.

Start with subjects youve studied and then look at what new areas you can do at uni.
    Well i have dkne geography engkish language and art at a level and received really good grades however geog amd english isnt something i would like to persue further so i might think of something new?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Well i have dkne geography engkish language and art at a level and received really good grades however geog amd english isnt something i would like to persue further so i might think of something new?
    Literally just go through one of the guides and start narrowing it down. Some topics you wont want to do, some you will be barred from because of your A levels.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position. For me it's between business management, economics or politics with international relations. I want to work in the music business though but it's so hard knowing where to start and which is best doing. Hope you don't mind me asking but did you take a gap year after A levels/BTEC?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am on a gap year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.