anyone had any sixth form attendance meetings? Watch

Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
oh **** Been put on a list to see the HeadofYr for an attendance meeting - what should i be expecting? anyone else had one?
I go to ALL my lessons etc just not anything else... The head of 6th's a total witch and terrifies me. as well... oh dear god hellllllllllppp ^^^^^^
In year 12 too if that helps.
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
oh **** Been put on a list to see the HeadofYr for an attendance meeting - what should i be expecting? anyone else had one?
I go to ALL my lessons etc just not anything else... The head of 6th's a total witch and terrifies me. as well... oh dear god hellllllllllppp ^^^^^^
In year 12 too if that helps.
I've had friends who've had informal meetings about such things, but I suspect that they'll take to you about what you've missed, why it's bad to miss it and potential consequences that it may have and try to get you to start going to what you're missing. And try not to talk back or come across as rude - if she's a witch, then you don't want to give her any excuse to start shouting at you - it's not fun when you're in 6th form.
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why are you having an attendance meeting when you said you go to all your lessons?
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
Why are you having an attendance meeting when you said you go to all your lessons?
I've been ill a couple of times which were genuine & apparently tutor group counts as part of our attendance which may be why its so low... but i really don't see the point (6th form sends it via email), I just want to go to lessons which i do and get on with life Are you @ sixth form or college?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
what sean said above, but what else is there besides lesson?
What do you do in tutor grps?

Maybe take a record along with you of the days you missed and your reason.
Dont go with an attitude that you just want to go to lessons and you dont see the point of anything else. If you do, then make sure you know the right line of arguing your case. Too defiant or snow flake and you will make it harder for yourself.

Id go for the didnt realise, thanks for the advice will try harder approach.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (284)
46.71%
No (69)
11.35%
I'm not old enough (255)
41.94%

Watched Threads