The Student Room Group
Reply 1
this site actually doesnt help so it may help if u get a better format
Reply 2
hey can ny1 help a lost american one this site cos i av only cum to england 2 do gcse. i av this biology coursework tht i dnt understand so much how does temperature affect the way in which bread rises
if ny1 cul help me i wud b soooo thnkful x christina
Reply 3
hey can ny1 help a lost american on this site cos i av only cum to england 2 do gcse. i av this biology coursework tht i dnt understand so much how does temperature affect the way in which bread rises
Reply 4
Unregistered
hey can ny1 help a lost american on this site cos i av only cum to england 2 do gcse. i av this biology coursework tht i dnt understand so much how does temperature affect the way in which bread rises

It is something to do with yeast respiring at a faster rate as the temperature gets warmer. They release more CO2, which makes the bread rise more because more air bubbles are created in the dough. Something like that. The metabolic rate of the yeast increases as the temperature increases.
Reply 5
Unregistered
i am doing a2 biology coursework on chironomus does anyone know what we are supposed to do??? am sooo confused

chironomus? what the hell is that never heard of it?
Reply 6
Unregistered
hey can ny1 help a lost american one this site cos i av only cum to england 2 do gcse. i av this biology coursework tht i dnt understand so much how does temperature affect the way in which bread rises

hey christina i think its bcoz as temperature rises the enzyme in yeast in bread called zymaze speeds up and works more efficiently. so the bread rises as the yeast cells work faster respire quicker giving off carbon dioxide and therefore excess gas in the bread causes it to rise. the enzymes optimum temp is around 40 degrees calvin. chris x
Reply 7
Unregistered
the enzymes optimum temp is around 40 degrees calvin.

I think you wanted to say 'Kelvin' rather than 'calvin', but the optimum temperature for the enzymes in yeast is around 40 degrees centigrade.

Latest

Trending

Trending