Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am doing a year abroad in August in USA. I'm eligible for the travel grant as I get the full maintenance grant and loan. I have applied for my loan and its been confirmed that I'll get the higher amount for travelling abroad. However, it says that the travel grant will be sent to me automatically if I'm eligible. I was just wondering when it would be sent as I haven't received it yet?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I had to ring up student finance to get them to sent me a form. They said it should have been sent automatically but I didn't get it, maybe it's the same for you, so give them a ring and get them to send it

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks, I'll give that a try. Did your university have to complete a form, too? Because it mentions that online in several places but my university says they haven't received one.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Your university will have a database of courses that attract Travel Grant for periods abroad. When we receive your application we will check this database and if you're on an eligible course we will automatically send you Travel Grant forms.

If they've not added the courses then we will not be able to check or send the form.

We can send them manually if you call us, however this is not to say your eligibility to the grant is guaranteed if we've not yet checked.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere I can check to see what the eligible courses are?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.