The Student Room Group

How did you find the IGCSE English Language exam?

I found Question 1 okay

Question 2 was tricky

Question 3 was 👌

Scroll to see replies

Question 1 and 3 were fine BUT QUESTION 2 ****ED ME IN MY BUMHOLE I ****ING HATED IT WHY WOULD YOU WORD A QUESTION LIKE THAT

As you can see I am very frustrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
In Question 2 I didn't understand most of the vocabulary used in paragraph 4:frown:
Original post by I'm_infires
Question 1 and 3 were fine BUT QUESTION 2 ****ED ME IN MY BUMHOLE I ****ING HATED IT WHY WOULD YOU WORD A QUESTION LIKE THAT

As you can see I am very frustrated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

URGH! Ikr how are we supposed to find 4 powerful words and phrases like "bits of cloth" LOL I was acctually about btp writes that in my paper but I wrote "tratty whatever the heck it is" and guessed
Reply 4
The quotes available for question 2 were a joke, question 1 required a lot of inferring and I didn't finish my summary so yup an A* is a hallucination.
Reply 5
Yeah Question 1 was calm the last point about what you would do for the rest of the holiday was a little tricky so I flopped that part but question 2 there was nothing to explode I wanted to talk about pathetic fallacy and use English terms but the quotes available was so rubbish. Question 3 the 15 points were easy but I rushed the summary.
Original post by TheYearNiner
In Question 2 I didn't understand most of the vocabulary used in paragraph 4:frown:

Yes like "(something) gowns" "rainbow of..." and "tratty blah blah" and had to guess the meaning and the effect
Reply 7
Question 2 was honestly awful, I ended up using 'complaining loudly' as a result of not knowing what to quote and I know a lot of my bullet points were probably wrong due to rushing
Original post by 0lut0
Yeah Question 1 was calm the last point about what you would do for the rest of the holiday was a little tricky so I flopped that part but question 2 there was nothing to explode I wanted to talk about pathetic fallacy and use English terms but the quotes available was so rubbish. Question 3 the 15 points were easy but I rushed the summary.

For Question 1 it took me 15 minutes to understand the boring passage

But question 2 I had to guess the meaning and the effect because I didn't understand most of the vocabulary they've used

Question 3 was the easiest for me

Can't wait for that bee grade
Reply 9
Question 2 was nice - the best one:smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Had no idea what colony collapse disorder was before
forgot to mention that i was gonna stay with mr head in the first question. struggled with q2 but did 8 quotes still. question 3 was fine. was just running low on time
for question one I did an uneven number of points for a1 a2 and a3 but I think they were all correct. am I gonna get marked down?
Reply 13
Original post by Kiniun
Question 2 was nice - the best one:smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

LOL exactly how I felt when I realised this wasn't no mock and I had just flopped
Did anyone do the core?
i didnt use paragraphs ffs. will i get marked down?
Reply 16
Original post by abbigm1
LOL exactly how I felt when I realised this wasn't no mock and I had just flopped

Everyone else was panicking and I just couldn't take the exam seriously
I was chilling out for the last 10 mins :rofl:
Original post by kiniun
question 2 was nice - the best one:smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

higher? [caps]
Reply 18
Original post by Rhianmaghie
higher? [caps]

huh?
Reply 19
Original post by Kiniun
Everyone else was panicking and I just couldn't take the exam seriously
I was chilling out for the last 10 mins :rofl:

Of all exams to f up on I'm glad it was this one tbh at least now I know this isn't a joke and not to look at invigilators instead of writing as if I've never seen people before

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending