Turn on thread page Beta

Living in a rural area over the summer = Bored watch

Hi, so I'm a university student who is from a very rural area. I will be moving back to that area later this month.

I booked a holiday to New York for June so,I am paying that off, I will have the holiday paid off next week, however, as a result I will have absolutely no money left in my bank meaning that I can't go anywhere that costs much of anything.

I don't know what i'm supposed to do here over the summer, there are no jobs/I don't have a job, I have no money and I don't have anyone to go anywhere with. Is there much of anything for me to do here? Does anyone else have a similar predicament? What do you do?

I don't want to get depressed couped up in a house for four months. My family are very unsympathetic and don't want to take me anywhere so it going to be something that I will have to do.

(Note: I live in a rural area so there isn't much if any jobs for young people)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.