Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I know the majority of key words for each topics I am constantly learning and reviewing vocab any tips for the exam or last week preparation?
salty670
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just do past papers
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
I know the majority of key words for each topics I am constantly learning and reviewing vocab any tips for the exam or last week preparation?
Moved this into the foreign languages forum for you - might be helpful if you looked through some other threads in here, as they could give you some revision tips
ThatLitStudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
Hey,

I did my French GCSE last year, and am currently doing A-Level, so I hope I know what I'm talking about.

I agree, do loads of past papers - especially the listening. Get used to hearing French being spoken at you, through past listening papers in your revision or through songs and the such like on YouTube (I also find that songs can give you a broader range of vocabulary.)

Regarding vocabulary, it's good to revise the stuff in the book, but branch out a little too. By that I mean, learn synonyms for some of the vocabulary. I can guarantee you that they will most probably use synonyms in the exam, because, hey, life clearly isn't hard enough.
If you're feeling really ambitious, try to find some articles in French to read (here a dictionary or Wordreference might help.). I know it sounds difficult, but my French teacher does it, and it really helps make the exams feel that bit easier because you know that you can read to a standard that's just above what they're asking you to do.

The classic post-it notes on everything is clichéd for a reason - it works. I can still remember a lot of my friend's German GCSE words because they were posted all over her house when I went to stay. Try it - it might work for you.

I hope I've been some help!

ThatLitStudent
username2475259
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same boat as you. If you look at the specification there is a list of all the vocabulary that could come up but it is impossible to learn it all in 2 weeks. What I am doing is testing myself and doing past papers. If you know basic vocab for each topic that is fine because you can get the gist of it all. Good luck is yours on the 17th May?
F3rnw3h
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past papers always help, and I recommend Memrise - there is an AQA Textbook course on there which basically covers all the AQA GCSE French vocab and helps you learn it in a more interactive way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.72%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (67)
28.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.77%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise