Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I may be a complete ignorant fool for asking, but what are they? If they are exams that test your ability in a subject, I would relish the opportunity to test my skills in an English AEA next year. That is, provided it is a course for A2 students to do... I am potentially looking at a 90%+ for English Lit this year, is that good enough? Someone enlighten me as to how I could get involved, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I may be a complete ignorant fool for asking, but what are they? If they are exams that test your ability in a subject, I would relish the opportunity to test my skills in an English AEA next year. That is, provided it is a course for A2 students to do... I am potentially looking at a 90%+ for English Lit this year, is that good enough? Someone enlighten me as to how I could get involved, etc...
    ask your teacher- only one board does it per subject and it varies from subject to subject. it's designed to test the high A2 students a bit more (which you probably do qualify for with 90%+) and it's a straight pass/fail exam that basically makes students read around the subject a bit more. just ask your teacher if you can do it (but it does depend on the exam board- i don't knwo who does it for english lit)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeah they're meant to test ability really. Someone in biology last year got full marks full the whole AS/A2 course and still failed the bio AEA. It tests your ability to think rather than just churn out information.

ReputationRep:
    English AEA is done by OCR (just finished this years ) If you look on the OCR website there is one past paper on there (but be warned, its relatively nice compared to the last two years questions) ...there isnt really a course for it, its more testing your innate ability, as long as you know your ways of analysis well. Mind you, its difficult..put it this way, no-one from our school has pass it yet...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.