(Original post by patrickstarfish)

is swedish this stupid? how about you?
    different culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    different culture
    culture called stupidity

ReputationRep:
    I tried to focus but I spent the entire v ideo just listening for german-swedish cognates I apologise.

ReputationRep:
    She missed the most important question: 'do I look like a smug, divisive, self-righteous, controlling ****?'

I imagine the interviewees would be able to answer that question with a great deal of conviction.

ReputationRep:
    Swedish is such a weird language lol...

They're your typical numpty social science students.

ReputationRep:
    If someone wants to identify as a different gender to one that usually goes with their sex then fine. Perhaps their hormone levels are more similar to that gender or something. But when they pretend there is no such thing as biological sex, it gets incredibly stupid. Also, if you are a female, and you look like a woman, and I address you as woman, even though you identify as a man, that's not my fault. The rest of the world shouldn't have to bend over backwards for you.

ReputationRep:
    That was interesting.

Do I care about the implications?

Not particularly.

I'm finding more and more that rather than try to tackle complex social issues, it's easier to forget about them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.