Can universities take back unconditional offers? Watch

kitty.ware
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have an unconditional offer to study Architecture, but I'm getting very stressed about how I'm doing and if I wont meet the grades I am meant to. If the offer is unconditional, could it be retracted if I fail or do worse than my targets?
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kitty.ware)
I have an unconditional offer to study Architecture, but I'm getting very stressed about how I'm doing and if I wont meet the grades I am meant to. If the offer is unconditional, could it be retracted if I fail or do worse than my targets?
An unconditional offer is unconditional as long as you've not lied in your application so you should get in regardless of what you get in the exams (but obviously, do try to do well for your own benefit).
punkroses
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kitty.ware)
it's unconditional, if they wanted certain grades for you, they would have made it conditional. I don't think you should be worrying about that, just try your best. I'd love an unconditional when I apply this year.
NightHazel
Badges: 1
Report 3 years ago
No, the university has entered an agreement to give you a place on the course regardless of exam results. There may be some terms and conditions attached to the offer (for example, you must take the exams), but these should have been communicated to you. If they needed you to achieve your targets in order to retain your offer then they would have just given you a conditional offer for those grades. If track is saying unconditional firm, you can relax because your place has been confirmed. Congratulations on the brilliant offer!
kitty.ware
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by NightHazel)
No, the university has entered an agreement to give you a place on the course regardless of exam results. There may be some terms and conditions attached to the offer (for example, you must take the exams), but these should have been communicated to you. If they needed you to achieve your targets in order to retain your offer then they would have just given you a conditional offer for those grades. If track is saying unconditional firm, you can relax because your place has been confirmed. Congratulations on the brilliant offer!
I thought as much, but I've been over thinking it and getting stressed. Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (115)
19.39%
Labour (301)
50.76%
Liberal Democrats (77)
12.98%
Green Party (30)
5.06%
Brexit Party (7)
1.18%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.51%
SNP (13)
2.19%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.01%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)