Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    on my CV I put my predicated grade 2.1 for uni and only realised i had not updated this and my employer is asking for poof for this / which why grade actually came out 2.2. not sure how to tell them?

ReputationRep:
    you'll just have to tell them asap, if the job doesn't require a 2.1 then don't mention it, just give them the certificates and explain if they query it that it was a genuine error and you didn't realise, if the job does require a 2.1 you should explain what happened but be prepared they will probably go with someone else
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    what doodle said.
    If having a 2:1 was a factor in geting the job and you had a 2:2 at the time you applied, then you have committed a deception. You need to tell HR asap and ttell them it was a mistake. It looks sloppy at best. If its relevant then be prepared.

ReputationRep:
    no they do not require a 2:1 they only asked for my certificates so they can see that I actually do have I degree. should I tell them after giving them the certificates or before and how should I word it without sounding like I lied

'I lied on my CV and now I'm going to get caught help me lie plz guys'

ReputationRep:
    You applied and got in with a 'predicted grade'. All you gotta do is provide your certificates and see what they say. Not much more to it, you don't have to say anything really. If they ask, you tell them you were predicted a 2:1 but ended up with a 2:2.

Why make anything more complicated than that?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Richci)
    You applied and got in with a 'predicted grade'. All you gotta do is provide your certificates and see what they say. Not much more to it, you don't have to say anything really. If they ask, you tell them you were predicted a 2:1 but ended up with a 2:2.

Why make anything more complicated than that?
    It depends on timing. If they knew their degree grade at the time of applying, then their CV wasnt accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It depends on timing. If they knew their degree grade at the time of applying, then their CV wasnt accurate.
    Even so, the employer will have hired them based on a 'Predicted' grade, knowing full well that it may not be the end result. I'm not saying they're in the clear, I'm saying that the employer may not be too fussy if they employed based on a predicted grade.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Richci)
    Even so, the employer will have hired them based on a 'Predicted' grade, knowing full well that it may not be the end result. I'm not saying they're in the clear, I'm saying that the employer may not be too fussy if they employed based on a predicted grade.
    We dont even know what the job is, the grade might be irrelevant i.e KFC.
    If she knew the grade at the time she went for the job and they made the decision on the predicted grade, then that was inaccurate. She needs to tell them and hope they arent bothered. We dont know what the contract said about grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    We dont even know what the job is, the grade might be irrelevant i.e KFC.
    If she knew the grade at the time she went for the job and they made the decision on the predicted grade, then that was inaccurate. She needs to tell them and hope they arent bothered. We dont know what the contract said about grades.
    Absolutely, but any employer wouldn't hire based on a predicted grade surely? Knowing full well that the grade wasn't final and things could go south... What I'm saying is, in this situation I'm doubting it's a factor. As long as there is a degree, I'm thinking all will be good.

Why would an employer actually go through the effort of hiring someone knowing that down the line they may have to waste time and money letting them go and going through the hiring process again. I don't see it personally.

ReputationRep:
    What stage of the recruitment episode are you at? Have you been sent an offer letter or have you got a contract as well?

I used to work in recruitment and HR and I wouldn't have ever sent a contract until I'd seen the qualifications and other stuff was complete e.g. OH clearance, right to work, identification check. Your offer letter probably says somewhere 'this offer is subject to satisfactory X, Y and Z'. If your degree was not required they will probably not question it. It would have been very poor of them to issue your contract or get you started when they hadn't completed these checks though!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm saying, odds are if they're 'employed' it's no big. I highly doubt they will be if the qualifications would be an issue. Unless they're some small private company...

ReputationRep:
    its re-mortgaging, they really did not ask much about my grade at all just wanted to see that i had been to uni and they have sent me a contract.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.