Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 123_123)
Does anyone have any tips for revision for science:
-Physics
-Chemisty
-Biology
I make mindmaps but very detailed ones for each topic and I make flashcards. Use bite size or gcsescience.com. Also do past papers
IfYouCanDreamIt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Past paper questions are very good, if you sit down and do a full paper in the allotted time without notes, it really helps highlight what you aren't as strong at. Then you can revise the sections you're struggling with.
I use flash cards as well, I have colour coded cards for the subject (eg green for physics) then I've written in different colour pen for each module (eg b4 is written in blue pen on a yellow card). I find this really useful as you can jumble them all together while still being able to tell what subject/ module they are. If there's something like a diagram you need to memorise then I'd draw it up neatly on a piece of a4/a3 paper and stick it somewhere in your bedroom, so then you see it often and take the information in without really thinking about it. If there are six mark questions (or the long ones if your exam board is different to mine) that you want to learn, you could record yourself saying them on an app and then replay it whilst you sleep (you might have to download an app rather than use the pre installed voice memo app depending on your phone as on mine you can't loop it continuously but I guess it depends on your phone) this could also work for things like orders you need to memorise or something (the only example I can think of now is the radiation thing in physics where you need to know what order they go in, like gamma rays, X-rays, infrared etc (sorry I can't remember what it's called))
JakeAntonyBrown
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wordnerd2)
I make mindmaps but very detailed ones for each topic and I make flashcards. Use bite size or gcsescience.com. Also do past papers
That's about all you can do...
123_123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Wordnerd2)
Thank you
123_123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt)
Past paper questions are very good, if you sit down and do a full paper in the allotted time without notes, it really helps highlight what you aren't as strong at. Then you can revise the sections you're struggling with.
I use flash cards as well, I have colour coded cards for the subject (eg green for physics) then I've written in different colour pen for each module (eg b4 is written in blue pen on a yellow card). I find this really useful as you can jumble them all together while still being able to tell what subject/ module they are. If there's something like a diagram you need to memorise then I'd draw it up neatly on a piece of a4/a3 paper and stick it somewhere in your bedroom, so then you see it often and take the information in without really thinking about it. If there are six mark questions (or the long ones if your exam board is different to mine) that you want to learn, you could record yourself saying them on an app and then replay it whilst you sleep (you might have to download an app rather than use the pre installed voice memo app depending on your phone as on mine you can't loop it continuously but I guess it depends on your phone) this could also work for things like orders you need to memorise or something (the only example I can think of now is the radiation thing in physics where you need to know what order they go in, like gamma rays, X-rays, infrared etc (sorry I can't remember what it's called))
Thank you for taking the time to write this I will definitely try this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
17.65%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (16)
47.06%
Nope, not that interesting (12)
35.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise